Registration validation

Bey Youcef
Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with changing configuration of registration/validation
method.

Here is the scenario that I'm attempting to make without succes.

When a new user make registration I would like that an Administrator User
receive an Mail, in which, there is a link for validation the account of
the user. After making this validation, the user receives an email for
informing him that the validation is done and his account is accessible.

What currently XWiki propose, is when a new user make registration, she/he
receives an email for validating her/his new account; the validation is
done by her/himself

Anyone could hlep or lead me to the documentation? I would like to know if
this can be  by just configuation in preferences or it whether it need
progmming stuffs to do.

Thanks you in advances.

Best regards

Youcef BEY

Re: Registration validation

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi Youcef! Perhaps this post is better suited to dev list! :-) Please, read below.

Even though I'm not a programmer myself, I've tracked down verification code in an old 2.4 XE release and reach this code file...

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/XWiki.java

Lines 3058 to 31987 deals with the idea you are talking about. It seems to me that it is hardcoded and some development will be required to accomplish what you are seeking.

In an updated release where this monolithic module has been exploded into smaller submodules, each handling a specific concern, it seems to me that this function is still in the same location. I can guess it is still pending the reorganization of this section of code, but I'm not a source of authority for this!

Perhaps some more experienced people can help us to understand how the future is planned for this particular feature as it would be really welcome to be able to designed user validation processes as the one you are proposing.

Please, take also into account this other XWiki development's pillar: Jira issue tracking system at http://jira.xwiki.org/

Hope this helps!

Ricardo

> Thanks you in advances.
>
> Best regards
>
> Youcef BEY

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es