Serving stand alone VM files

Matthew Conway
Is it possible for xwiki to serve a static VM file that is not
associated with a document?  That is, serve a url like "/xwiki/
foo.vm" and have the velocity evaluated?  As a workaround, I can do
something like /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/DummyDoc?xpage=foo.vm but it
seems wasteful to have to query the DB to serve a somewhat static file.

Matt

Re: Serving stand alone VM files

This hasn't been done but is doable by adding a Java action to the set
of actions.
Now I'm not sure what these velocity pages would be used for.
What APIs should they have access to ? Should it including skinning or not ?
Depending on these, the action would need to prepare more or less data..
The way I do it usually would be to put the velocity code in one of the
wiki pages..

Ludovic