Setting and saving Object properties

Vivian Richard
Hello,

        I would greatly appreciate a little clarification
clarification on the following two points regarding objects.

             1. In current wiki page if I access an object attached to
a different page and then sets it's value, how do I save the property
values programmatically? Apparently the new property values appear in
the object view of the corresponding page but a database search does
not show the new values unless I manually save the page (to which the
object is attached).

             2. In current wiki page I created a couple of objects and
then set the property values. $doc.save saves the objects but
seemingly has some interesting limitations. Number of property values
it can save is limited. Say for example: if I have 12 properties and
their values set, $doc.save works say, for example, after 6 of those
property values are set. If I put $doc.save after one additional
obj.set statement it gives error. I also found $doc.save to be
dependent on string length of the property values. If string lengths
are small it can save , for example, 13 properties. In such cases,
again, manual save works fine (although I want to avoid that).

             A solution/workaround with a little code example will be
greatly appreciated.....

Re: Setting and saving Object properties

Vivian Richard
Actually $doc.save() was behaving in a wierd way because one of the
object property data types was integer and I was not setting it the
right way.