Sign in xwiki with LDAP login without entering login and password

Sign in xwiki with LDAP login without entering login and password

aleksey-s
Hi,

I do not know how it to properly called, but it is possible to use pass-through authentication in xwiki with LDAP login ?

For example, I authorized in active directory when I login in my pc, but I don't want enter login and password second time when I enter in xwiki.

Re: Sign in xwiki with LDAP login without entering login and password

This is usually called "Single Sign On (SSO)" and the use case you
describe require something in front of XWiki to take care of the
actual authentication. For example http://dblock.github.io/waffle/
automate the authentication in a MS Windows domain.

Then on XWiki side you can use a "trusted" authenticator which will
receive a REMOTE_USER (usually contains user domain and id) set by
Waffle and use it to synchronize user informations. See property
"xwiki.authentication.ldap.remoteUserParser" and following in
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP/Authenticator/.