Skipping XWiki 10.3 Release Candidate 1 and releasing 10.3 Final next week

Skipping XWiki 10.3 Release Candidate 1 and releasing 10.3 Final next week

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Today was supposed to be the release of 10.3 RC1. However, due to various
reasons (the stabilization of the release resulted in reverting the most
important part of the work done for this release, missing documentation,
etc.) and to avoid spending more time on almost empty releases instead of
the features themselves, we have decided that it's best to skip the 10.3
RC1 release and jump directly to 10.3 Final, next week.

I will be updating the version on jira as well to remove 10.3 RC1 and move
the existing issues to 10.3.

Some code changes need to be done as well for the @Since annotations
mentioning 10.3RC1 that will have to be switched to 10.3. (will leave that
to the devs that added them)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
Eduard

Re: Skipping XWiki 10.3 Release Candidate 1 and releasing 10.3 Final next week

Eduard Moraru
Done:
* moving jira issues
* removing the 10.3RC1 Release Plan page

TODO (for the RM of 10.3 Final):
* @since annotations
* existing release notes from
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.3RC1/ need
to be moved to the Release Notes of 10.3 Final and the corresponding jira
issues need to update their documentation links

Thanks,
Eduard

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:08 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today was supposed to be the release of 10.3 RC1. However, due to various
> reasons (the stabilization of the release resulted in reverting the most
> important part of the work done for this release, missing documentation,
> etc.) and to avoid spending more time on almost empty releases instead of
> the features themselves, we have decided that it's best to skip the 10.3
> RC1 release and jump directly to 10.3 Final, next week.
>
> I will be updating the version on jira as well to remove 10.3 RC1 and move
> the existing issues to 10.3.
>
> Some code changes need to be done as well for the @Since annotations
> mentioning 10.3RC1 that will have to be switched to 10.3. (will leave
> that to the devs that added them)
>
> Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
> Eduard

Re: Skipping XWiki 10.3 Release Candidate 1 and releasing 10.3 Final next week

Eduard Moraru
Also, this means we have to make sure to *hold our commits on master* and
avoid adding anything that is not supposed to go into 10.3 Final.

The reason is obviously because we do not have a "safe" stable-10.3.x
branch and master is not yet associated with 10.4-SNAPSHOT, but still on
10.3-SNAPSHOT until the final release.

Thanks,
Eduard