Slowdown to eventual fallover

Esbach, Brandon
Hi Folks,

I've been having a few odd problems with my XWiki installation of late.
An example, starting from server down (switched off).
1) Server switched on, services start initiating.
2) Server comes up, all users can access and work in system.
3) System appears stable, working as expected for the next 24 hours or so.
4) Eventually the server starts grinding down to a halt.  In the space of 30 mins from when it starts slowing, XWiki begins returning communication errors.
5) All other services are functional on the server, excluding Tomcat applications.  MySQL services appear normal, and the database responds fairly quick to queries.

In order to get the XWiki back up again, all that seems to be required is a restart of Tomcat.  I have reinstalled the system several times to date with the same results, and I'm hopeful that it's a configuration problem.
Any tips or advice on where to look, would be extremely welcome.

Ah, almost forgot.. here are the details on the server:
(any further info needed, please let me know)
XWiki Version: 0.9.840
Server:
  Windows2000 Server,
  Tomcat 4.1;
  MySQL 4.1;
  Memory available to services: 1.5GB;
  Minimum Disk space available at any one time: 5GB to 8GB;

**The MySQL server is running on the same system as Tomcat.**
Users:
As this is currently still in testing for our environment, we have at most 30 users on the server at any one time.

XWiki Applications:
Due to our configuration and internal security policies, we have two xwiki web applications running on our Tomcat server, quite often both are in use at the same time.  At this time, using a virtual XWiki for the second XWiki is not viable - but may be implemented in the future.
Both XWiki's have their own database on the MySQL server.

Re: Slowdown to eventual fallover

Have you tried increasing the memory pool of your Java JVM. Maybe the
cache can't grow.
There is a a good chance this is it, especially with 2 webapps

Ludovic

[hidden email] a écrit :

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been having a few odd problems with my XWiki installation of late.
> An example, starting from server down (switched off).
> 1) Server switched on, services start initiating.
> 2) Server comes up, all users can access and work in system.
> 3) System appears stable, working as expected for the next 24 hours or so.
> 4) Eventually the server starts grinding down to a halt.  In the space of 30 mins from when it starts slowing, XWiki begins returning communication errors.
> 5) All other services are functional on the server, excluding Tomcat applications.  MySQL services appear normal, and the database responds fairly quick to queries.
>
> In order to get the XWiki back up again, all that seems to be required is a restart of Tomcat.  I have reinstalled the system several times to date with the same results, and I'm hopeful that it's a configuration problem.
> Any tips or advice on where to look, would be extremely welcome.
>

> Ah, almost forgot.. here are the details on the server:
> (any further info needed, please let me know)
> XWiki Version: 0.9.840
> Server:
>   Windows2000 Server,
>   Tomcat 4.1;
>   MySQL 4.1;
>   Memory available to services: 1.5GB;
>   Minimum Disk space available at any one time: 5GB to 8GB;
>
> **The MySQL server is running on the same system as Tomcat.**
> Users:
> As this is currently still in testing for our environment, we have at most 30 users on the server at any one time.
>
> XWiki Applications:
> Due to our configuration and internal security policies, we have two xwiki web applications running on our Tomcat server, quite often both are in use at the same time.  At this time, using a virtual XWiki for the second XWiki is not viable - but may be implemented in the future.
> Both XWiki's have their own database on the MySQL server.

RE: Slowdown to eventual fallover

Esbach, Brandon
This seems to have helped a bit, so far three days up without slowdown.
I'm sure there's some fine-tuning to do, but thanks for the fast response (and sorry for my slow confirmation).