Quantcast

Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

Lilianne E. Blaze-2
Hello,
Is it possible to store attachments below a certain size inside a
database, while storing bigger ones in files?

I assume when using HSQL database it is usually preferred to store
attachments in files?

Greetings, Lilianne

Re: Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

Mohamed Boussaa
Hello,

XWiki offers the possibility to store your attachments in the database or
directly in the file system.

See more details in this link:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments#HAttachmentStorage

Regards,
Mohamed

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Lilianne E. Blaze <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to store attachments below a certain size inside a
> database, while storing bigger ones in files?
>
> I assume when using HSQL database it is usually preferred to store
> attachments in files?
>
> Greetings, Lilianne

Re: Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

Lilianne E. Blaze-2
Hello,
Yes, I read the documentation, that wasn't what I was asking.
So, is it impossible? I can't be the first person that could use
something like that.

Greetings, L

On 2/10/2017 9:12 PM, Mohamed Boussaa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> XWiki offers the possibility to store your attachments in the database or
> directly in the file system.
>
> See more details in this link:
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments#HAttachmentStorage
>
> Regards,
> Mohamed
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Lilianne E. Blaze <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Is it possible to store attachments below a certain size inside a
>> database, while storing bigger ones in files?
>>
>> I assume when using HSQL database it is usually preferred to store
>> attachments in files?
>>
>> Greetings, Lilianne

Re: Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

Denis GERMAIN
As a pure curiosity, why do you need to differanciate big and small
attachements ? Is it for performance reasons ? Something else ?

> Hello,
> Yes, I read the documentation, that wasn't what I was asking.
> So, is it impossible? I can't be the first person that could use
> something like that.
>
> Greetings, L
>
> On 2/10/2017 9:12 PM, Mohamed Boussaa wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > XWiki offers the possibility to store your attachments in the database or
> > directly in the file system.
> >
> > See more details in this link:
> > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/
> Attachments#HAttachmentStorage
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mohamed
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Lilianne E. Blaze <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> Is it possible to store attachments below a certain size inside a
> >> database, while storing bigger ones in files?
> >>
> >> I assume when using HSQL database it is usually preferred to store
> >> attachments in files?
> >>
> >> Greetings, Lilianne

Re: Small attachments in DB, big ones in files?

The way attachment store is working right now you can't have
attachments in DB and others in Filesystem.

The only way would be for you to code a mixed attachment store. This
means implementing com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiAttachmentStoreInterface
component and set it in xwiki.cfg.