Some newbie question

Fabien Eychenne
Hello,

Firstly, i'd like to thanx the xwiki team for their great product, i'm
really enjoying it.
One question:

Why couldn't i find my webspace http://chercheursterritoires.xwiki.com
when i look for it into google?

Regards,

Fabien

Re: Some newbie question

Marc Lijour
On Thursday 24 November 2005 11:57, Fabien Eychenne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Firstly, i'd like to thanx the xwiki team for their great product, i'm
> really enjoying it.
> One question:
>
> Why couldn't i find my webspace http://chercheursterritoires.xwiki.com
> when i look for it into google?

Google needs to visit your space first.
Read google page about that. I believe you can submit your url..

> Regards,
>
> Fabien

Re: Some newbie question

Ludovic Dubost-3

Hi,

Usually the xwiki web sites are indexed by Google but we have found
recently that some wikis are not seen by Google.
I suspect that it's because Google usually picks-up the wiki from the
"Latest Wiki" page which only has a list of the last 40 wikis.
So if the wikis goes out of this list before Google comes and refreshes
this page, then there are no other linked pages on xwiki.com which
actually link to that Wiki.
I think that for Google to accept a new site, they value the links..

So to solve this issue, I've added an alphabetical list of all wikis on
the "Latest Wiki" page on XWiki.com
This should allow Google to pick-up all wikis..

Let's wait a few days and see what happens.

Ludovic

Marc Lijour a écrit :

> On Thursday 24 November 2005 11:57, Fabien Eychenne wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Firstly, i'd like to thanx the xwiki team for their great product, i'm
>> really enjoying it.
>> One question:
>>
>> Why couldn't i find my webspace http://chercheursterritoires.xwiki.com
>> when i look for it into google?
>>

> Google needs to visit your space first.
> Read google page about that. I believe you can submit your url..
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Fabien

Re: Some newbie question

Fabien Eychenne
Hello,

This solution seems to work. Everything is not indexed yet, but at least
the website is indexed as well as some pages.

Thanks for your help,

Fabien