Special character '#' in title

ncg

Special character '#' in title

ncg
Hi,

We have a problem with titles with the 4.1.3 release (not sure if it's
release specific however, I just spend lot of time in logs because of
the migration) :

When title contains the character '#' at the end, the title disappears
from the page (only the page name is printed). There is error traces
when viewing the document and from Lucene :

2012/07/19 14:35:34
[http://localhost:8080/xem/wiki/supporttechnique/get/XWiki/SuggestLucene
Service?outputSyntax=plain&query=__INPUT__*&nb=3&input=8192] WARN
o.x.d.i.DocumentTitleDisplayer - Failed to interpret title of document
[supporttechnique:Archives.ExempleCodeC].

2012/07/20 10:06:22
[http://localhost:8080/xem/wiki/supporttechnique/get/Archives/ExempleCod
eC?xpage=xpart&vm=commentsinline.vm] WARN
o.x.d.i.DocumentTitleDisplayer - Failed to interpret title of document
[supporttechnique:Archives.ExempleCodeC].

Is it a known bug ?

Thank you

Nicolas

Re: Special character '#' in title

Marius Dumitru Florea
Sorry for the late reply.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM, CHENEAU-GREHALLE Nicolas

> We have a problem with titles with the 4.1.3 release (not sure if it's
> release specific however, I just spend lot of time in logs because of
> the migration) :
>

> When title contains the character '#' at the end, the title disappears
> from the page (only the page name is printed). There is error traces
> when viewing the document and from Lucene :
>

> 2012/07/19 14:35:34
> [http://localhost:8080/xem/wiki/supporttechnique/get/XWiki/SuggestLucene
> Service?outputSyntax=plain&query=__INPUT__*&nb=3&input=8192] WARN
> o.x.d.i.DocumentTitleDisplayer - Failed to interpret title of document
> [supporttechnique:Archives.ExempleCodeC].
>

> 2012/07/20 10:06:22
> [http://localhost:8080/xem/wiki/supporttechnique/get/Archives/ExempleCod
> eC?xpage=xpart&vm=commentsinline.vm] WARN
> o.x.d.i.DocumentTitleDisplayer - Failed to interpret title of document
> [supporttechnique:Archives.ExempleCodeC].
>

> Is it a known bug ?

It's not a bug, it's a feature. XWiki supports Velocity code (
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.7/user-guide.html
) in page title and # is a special Velocity character that precedes
Velocity statements, macro definitions and calls. You can reproduce
the problem by putting:

{{velocity}}
test#
{{/velocity}}

in the content of a wiki page. The solution is to escape the hash
character using
http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/generic/EscapeTool.html#getHash%28%29
:

Your title$escapetool.h