Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

xrichard
Hi,

http://l10n.xwiki.org seems to be very very slow: the home page is ok but I
can't use it (access to a language table for instance).

The last "translation activity" was on 2016/12/23 by myself ;-).

Thanks to have a look to it ;-),

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

l10n never been the fasted thing out there but two things:

We seems to have an issue with the system on which l10n is running
since a few days which produces very slow document load/save (among
other things) and eventually cause a restart. I tried something that
will improve that part I hope. In any case we are working on it.

Given the time of the mail you sent and the the date of the last
modifications you made ("templateProvider.meeting.name" key) it looks
like the scheduler which import the last English modifications from
github was running and this one is both slow (lots of stuff to import
now) and expensive...

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://l10n.xwiki.org seems to be very very slow: the home page is ok but I
> can't use it (access to a language table for instance).
>
> The last "translation activity" was on 2016/12/23 by myself ;-).
>
> Thanks to have a look to it ;-),

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

xrichard
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your answer.
Yet the server returns "500 Internal Server Error".

> l10n never been the fasted thing out there but two things:
>
> We seems to have an issue with the system on which l10n is running
> since a few days which produces very slow document load/save (among
> other things) and eventually cause a restart. I tried something that
> will improve that part I hope. In any case we are working on it.
>
> Given the time of the mail you sent and the the date of the last
> modifications you made ("templateProvider.meeting.name" key) it looks
> like the scheduler which import the last English modifications from
> github was running and this one is both slow (lots of stuff to import
> now) and expensive...
>

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://l10n.xwiki.org seems to be very very slow: the home page is ok
> but I
> > can't use it (access to a language table for instance).
> >
> > The last "translation activity" was on 2016/12/23 by myself ;-).
> >
> > Thanks to have a look to it ;-),

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

In which situation ?

The home page works well for me and I did not received any
crash/restart mail since my previous mail.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> Yet the server returns "500 Internal Server Error".
>
> Regards,

>> l10n never been the fasted thing out there but two things:
>>
>> We seems to have an issue with the system on which l10n is running
>> since a few days which produces very slow document load/save (among
>> other things) and eventually cause a restart. I tried something that
>> will improve that part I hope. In any case we are working on it.
>>
>> Given the time of the mail you sent and the the date of the last
>> modifications you made ("templateProvider.meeting.name" key) it looks
>> like the scheduler which import the last English modifications from
>> github was running and this one is both slow (lots of stuff to import
>> now) and expensive...
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > http://l10n.xwiki.org seems to be very very slow: the home page is ok
>> but I
>> > can't use it (access to a language table for instance).
>> >
>> > The last "translation activity" was on 2016/12/23 by myself ;-).
>> >
>> > Thanks to have a look to it ;-),
>>

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

Just received a crash mail from l10n, looks like we still have issues
with this server.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> In which situation ?
>
> The home page works well for me and I did not received any
> crash/restart mail since my previous mail.
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer.
>> Yet the server returns "500 Internal Server Error".
>>
>> Regards,

>>> l10n never been the fasted thing out there but two things:
>>>
>>> We seems to have an issue with the system on which l10n is running
>>> since a few days which produces very slow document load/save (among
>>> other things) and eventually cause a restart. I tried something that
>>> will improve that part I hope. In any case we are working on it.
>>>
>>> Given the time of the mail you sent and the the date of the last
>>> modifications you made ("templateProvider.meeting.name" key) it looks
>>> like the scheduler which import the last English modifications from
>>> github was running and this one is both slow (lots of stuff to import
>>> now) and expensive...

>>> but I

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

xrichard
Sorry for this too short info ;-(.

I'm using in the right panel: Supported Languages > French which leads to
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/StatusByLanguage?language=fr

> In which situation ?
>
> The home page works well for me and I did not received any
> crash/restart mail since my previous mail.
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for your answer.
> > Yet the server returns "500 Internal Server Error".
> >
> > Regards,

> >> l10n never been the fasted thing out there but two things:
> >>
> >> We seems to have an issue with the system on which l10n is running
> >> since a few days which produces very slow document load/save (among
> >> other things) and eventually cause a restart. I tried something that
> >> will improve that part I hope. In any case we are working on it.
> >>
> >> Given the time of the mail you sent and the the date of the last
> >> modifications you made ("templateProvider.meeting.name" key) it looks
> >> like the scheduler which import the last English modifications from
> >> github was running and this one is both slow (lots of stuff to import
> >> now) and expensive...

> >> but I

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne

Re: Subject: Is l10n.xwiki.org usable?

This pages it's indeed taking ages to load. From what I see it seems
more related to what this page do (gathering statistics about all
applications one by one without any kind of cache) than the general
state of the wiki itself.