Subwikis on a New Schema

mgiamtandil
Hello! My name is Mauro Javier Giamberardino and this is my first post in this forum.
I'm studying Software Engineering at a University on Argentina. My english is not the best.

I have installed XWiki and WikiManager to install multiple subwikis on a server at the University, and i need that each subwiki to have his own schema. Why? Because i have a dump from a XWiki that i want to restore on a new subwiki.

Thanks for read.
Regards
Mauro J Giamberardino - Software Engineering Student - Argentina

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi Mauro! Great to read a post from a new user coming from a Spanish speaking country!

The situation you describe is the regular one: by using XWiki Enterprise Manager you can have many wikis (better than "sub-wikis") at the same time and a common management infrastructure. Each wiki will "have" its own database schema although only one of them will be considered as the "controller".

Databas dump/restoring processes must work (at least they worked for me a number of times in the past), but if what you are trying to do is to move contents from a running XWiki installation to a wiki in a new XWiki farm, there are export/import utilities that should do better and surer for that process!

For instance, this could be useful for you...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Import+Export+Application

HTH!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician

Hello! My name is Mauro Javier Giamberardino and this is my first post in
this forum.
I'm studying Software Engineering at a University on Argentina. My english
is not the best.

I have installed XWiki and WikiManager to install multiple subwikis on a
server at the University, and i need that each subwiki to have his own
schema. Why? Because i have a dump from a XWiki that i want to restore on a
new subwiki.

Thanks for read.
Regards

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

mgiamtandil
Thank you Ricardo for your help. I'm realizing now that the old XWiki was
an XWiki 5 version but it was migrated from a 4.1.4 version in a wrong way.

The people who was on charge of the server installed a 5.0 version and then
restored the dump of 4.1.2 version on it. Then, by result, we have a broken
XWiki. I need now to install the 4.1.4 version and then migrate to a 5.0
version in a wright way.

I think it is by replacing the old .war file with the new one (5.0
version). If there is another thing i must know, please tell me.

Thanks a lot!

2013/5/23 <[hidden email]>

> Hi Mauro! Great to read a post from a new user coming from a Spanish
> speaking country!
>
> The situation you describe is the regular one: by using XWiki Enterprise
> Manager you can have many wikis (better than "sub-wikis") at the same time
> and a common management infrastructure. Each wiki will "have" its own
> database schema although only one of them will be considered as the
> "controller".
>
> Databas dump/restoring processes must work (at least they worked for me a
> number of times in the past), but if what you are trying to do is to move
> contents from a running XWiki installation to a wiki in a new XWiki farm,
> there are export/import utilities that should do better and surer for that
> process!
>
> For instance, this could be useful for you...
>

> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Import+Export+Application
>
> HTH!
>
> Ricardo
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es

*Mauro J Giamberardino*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Mauro J Giamberardino - Software Engineering Student - Argentina

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!

Please, have you checked this?

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade

I think it would be useful for you and for other that you follow and criticize this and linked documents. Any comment, doubt of proposal for modification I'm sure it will be really welcome by XWiki community!

Greetings,

Ricardo

2013/5/23 <[hidden email]>

> Hi Mauro! Great to read a post from a new user coming from a Spanish
> speaking country!
>
> The situation you describe is the regular one: by using XWiki Enterprise
> Manager you can have many wikis (better than "sub-wikis") at the same time
> and a common management infrastructure. Each wiki will "have" its own
> database schema although only one of them will be considered as the
> "controller".
>
> Databas dump/restoring processes must work (at least they worked for me a
> number of times in the past), but if what you are trying to do is to move
> contents from a running XWiki installation to a wiki in a new XWiki farm,
> there are export/import utilities that should do better and surer for that
> process!
>
> For instance, this could be useful for you...
>

> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Import+Export+Application
>
> HTH!
>
> Ricardo
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

mgiamtandil
Thank you again! I was just using that tutorial and i get this error, i was just looking at information about it but if you know how can i solve it it will be great.

Regards.

Trace:

Estado HTTP 500 - com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context

type Informe de Excepción

mensaje com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context

descripción El servidor encontró un error interno que hizo que no pudiera rellenar este requerimiento.

excepción

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document [xwiki:XWiki.TagClass]
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3301 in 3: Exception while switching to database xwiki
Wrapped Exception: Migration of database [xwiki] has failed, it could not be safely used! Database is currently in version [40001] while the required version is [50000].
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:535)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:433)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
	com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:120)
	org.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:144)
	com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:66)
	org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:208)
	org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:111)

causa raíz

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document [xwiki:XWiki.TagClass]
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3301 in 3: Exception while switching to database xwiki
Wrapped Exception: Migration of database [xwiki] has failed, it could not be safely used! Database is currently in version [40001] while the required version is [50000].
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:419)
	com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:143)
	com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:123)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)
	com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:120)
	org.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:144)
	com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:66)
	org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:208)
	org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:111)

causa raíz

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document [xwiki:XWiki.TagClass]
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3301 in 3: Exception while switching to database xwiki
Wrapped Exception: Migration of database [xwiki] has failed, it could not be safely used! Database is currently in version [40001] while the required version is [50000].
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:912)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:290)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:1488)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:1531)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initializeMandatoryClasses(XWiki.java:869)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initXWiki(XWiki.java:839)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.<init>(XWiki.java:780)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:399)
[...]

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3301 in 3: Exception while switching to database xwiki
Wrapped Exception: Migration of database [xwiki] has failed, it could not be safely used! Database is currently in version [40001] while the required version is [50000].
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.setDatabase(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:651)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.beginTransaction(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:823)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.beginTransaction(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:755)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:788)
[...]

com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.DataMigrationException: Migration of database [xwiki] has failed, it could not be safely used! Database is currently in version [40001] while the required version is [50000].
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.AbstractDataMigrationManager.checkDatabase(AbstractDataMigrationManager.java:577)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.setDatabase(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:647)
[...]

com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.DataMigrationException: Unable to update schema of database xwiki
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.HibernateDataMigrationManager.updateSchema(HibernateDataMigrationManager.java:180)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.AbstractDataMigrationManager.startMigrationsForDatabase(AbstractDataMigrationManager.java:680)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.AbstractDataMigrationManager.startMigrations(AbstractDataMigrationManager.java:619)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.HibernateDataMigrationManager.startMigrations(HibernateDataMigrationManager.java:343)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.AbstractDataMigrationManager.checkDatabase(AbstractDataMigrationManager.java:552)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.setDatabase(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:647)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.beginTransaction(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:823)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.beginTransaction(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:755)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:788)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:290)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:1488)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:1531)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWikiPreference(XWiki.java:2266)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWikiPreference(XWiki.java:2298)
	com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiMacrosMappingRenderer.loadPreferences(XWikiMacrosMappingRenderer.java:107)
	com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiMacrosMappingRenderer.<init>(XWikiMacrosMappingRenderer.java:83)
	com.xpn.xwiki.render.DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.<init>(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:72)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.resetRenderingEngine(XWiki.java:1143)
	com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initXWiki(XWiki.java:832)
[...]

org.hibernate.HibernateException: Failed updating schema while executing query [alter table xwikistringlists add index FKA4A308FC283EE295 (XWL_ID, XWL_NAME), add constraint FKA4A308FC283EE295 foreign key (XWL_ID, XWL_NAME) references xwikiproperties (XWP_ID, XWP_NAME)]
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.updateSchema(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:535)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.updateSchema(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:338)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.HibernateDataMigrationManager.hibernateShemaUpdate(HibernateDataMigrationManager.java:195)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.HibernateDataMigrationManager.updateSchema(HibernateDataMigrationManager.java:177)
[...]

java.sql.SQLException: Can't create table 'xwiki.#sql-2c46_3dd' (errno: 150)
	com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1078)
	com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4187)
	com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4119)
	com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2570)
	com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2731)
	com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2809)
	com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1811)
	com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1725)
	org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
	org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
	org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
	com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateBaseStore.updateSchema(XWikiHibernateBaseStore.java:531)
[...]

nota La traza completa de la causa de este error se encuentra en los archivos de diario de Apache Tomcat/6.0.37.

2013/5/23 <[hidden email]>

> Hi Mauro! Great to read a post from a new user coming from a Spanish
> speaking country!
>
> The situation you describe is the regular one: by using XWiki Enterprise
> Manager you can have many wikis (better than "sub-wikis") at the same time
> and a common management infrastructure. Each wiki will "have" its own
> database schema although only one of them will be considered as the
> "controller".
>
> Databas dump/restoring processes must work (at least they worked for me a
> number of times in the past), but if what you are trying to do is to move
> contents from a running XWiki installation to a wiki in a new XWiki farm,
> there are export/import utilities that should do better and surer for that
> process!
>
> For instance, this could be useful for you...
>

> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Import+Export+Application
>

> HTH!
>
> Ricardo
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es

http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Subwikis-on-a-New-Schema-tp7585338p7585344.html
To unsubscribe from Subwikis on a New Schema, click here.
NAML

--
Mauro J Giamberardino

Mauro J Giamberardino - Software Engineering Student - Argentina

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

rrodriguezIDIS
So, finally hove you got a new XWiki 4.1.4 installation up and running (correctly) with the database backed up in your dump file?

I'm trying to understand your situation.

Greetings,

Ricardo

------------------------------

http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
*Mauro J Giamberardino*
*

-----

http://www.idisantiago.es

http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Subwikis-on-a-New-Schema-tp7585338p7585374.html
To unsubscribe from Subwikis on a New Schema, click here.
NAML

--
Mauro J Giamberardino

Mauro J Giamberardino - Software Engineering Student - Argentina

Re: Subwikis on a New Schema

rrodriguezIDIS
I'm afraid I've no answer. It seems clear that the automatic update of the database fails, but I don't know why. I've not faced myself a similar update process (still running 2.4 in production), thus I've never seen this kind of error. Please, have you read the release notes? I bet you'll find there the answer if there is any extra operation to be applied to the database when moving from 4.x to 5.x!

Sorry!

Ricardo