[Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

[Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

In previous years the xwiki.org project launched surveys about features we’d like to see implemented in XWiki (see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Feedback).

After some discussions with fellow XWikiers we thought it could be interesting to launch a similar survey in 2015, especially with the 8.x cycle approaching. But this time instead of having a long list of features to vote on, we thought it might be more interesting to have a few open questions that the community could answer.

The aim of this short survey is to find out more about how satisfied (or not!) the members of the XWiki community are with the XWiki product.

We'd be happy to learn about:
* what you like / dislike about the product
* the features and improvements you’d like to see in the product in the future and especially for XWiki 8.x

The survey will run till November 13 and the results will be synthesised and made available mid-November through a blog post on the community blog ( http://blog.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ )

The survey has 6 questions and should only take a few minutes:

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015

Thanks a lot for your contributions and for helping improve the product,
-Silvia & Vincent

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Hi everyone,

We’ve received 7 answers so far, thanks to those who filled it. That’s very nice but not enough! :)

Please help us share the future of XWiki! It’s very fast to fill this survey (5-6 questions only).

On 23 Oct 2015 at 15:19:45, [hidden email] ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In previous years the xwiki.org project launched surveys about features we’d like to see implemented in XWiki (see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Feedback).
>
> After some discussions with fellow XWikiers we thought it could be interesting to launch a similar survey in 2015, especially with the 8.x cycle approaching. But this time instead of having a long list of features to vote on, we thought it might be more interesting to have a few open questions that the community could answer.
>
> The aim of this short survey is to find out more about how satisfied (or not!) the members of the XWiki community are with the XWiki product.
>
> We'd be happy to learn about:
> * what you like / dislike about the product
> * the features and improvements you’d like to see in the product in the future and especially for XWiki 8.x
>
> The survey will run till November 13 and the results will be synthesised and made available mid-November through a blog post on the community blog ( http://blog.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ )
>
> The survey has 6 questions and should only take a few minutes:
>
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
>
> Thanks a lot for your contributions and for helping improve the product,
> -Silvia & Vincent

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Hamster
Done!

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Thanks a lot everyone, we got 8 new survey results since yesterday, that’s great! :)

We can do even better, please all take the time to fill the survey ASAP. It’s not much, won’t take much time and it helps a lot the project. That’s a good way to contribute something back! :)

On 28 Oct 2015 at 20:08:43, Ldm Public ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Done !
>
> Le 23/10/2015 15:19, [hidden email] a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > In previous years the xwiki.org project launched surveys about features we’d like to see implemented in XWiki (see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Feedback).
> >
> > After some discussions with fellow XWikiers we thought it could be interesting to launch a similar survey in 2015, especially with the 8.x cycle approaching. But this time instead of having a long list of features to vote on, we thought it might be more interesting to have a few open questions that the community could answer.
> >
> > The aim of this short survey is to find out more about how satisfied (or not!) the members of the XWiki community are with the XWiki product.
> >
> > We'd be happy to learn about:
> > * what you like / dislike about the product
> > * the features and improvements you’d like to see in the product in the future and especially for XWiki 8.x
> >
> > The survey will run till November 13 and the results will be synthesised and made available mid-November through a blog post on the community blog ( http://blog.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ )
> >
> > The survey has 6 questions and should only take a few minutes:
> >
> > http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your contributions and for helping improve the product,
> > -Silvia & Vincent

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

PascalB
Done! :-)

NB:I forgot to add improvement if possible: make multilingual the blog application .
 Thxs

 Objet: Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features
 À: "XWiki Developers" <[hidden email]>, "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Jeudi 29 octobre 2015, 10h48

 )

 > > The survey has 6 questions and should only take a
 few minutes:

 > > http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
 > >
 > > Thanks a lot for your contributions and for
 helping improve the product,
 > > -Silvia & Vincent

Re: [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Anton Hughes
On 30 October 2015 at 14:24, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Latest news is that we now have 16 answers. Good start :)

17 at least. I just added my 2c.

--
Anton Hughes

Re: [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Thanks for the feedback Anton!

On 6 Nov 2015 at 14:06:22, Anton Hughes ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> On 30 October 2015 at 14:24, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Latest news is that we now have 16 answers. Good start :)
> >

> 17 at least. I just added my 2c.
>

> --
> Anton Hughes

Re: [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Hi everyone,

We’re now at 19 results and 7 days to go before we close the survey!

If you haven’t already filled the survey please take 5 minutes to do so at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015

Let’s try to get at least 30 results, that would be awesome.

Come on, we can do it! There are 796 subscribers on the users list and 364 on the devs list so that means at least 1000 people! 19 results is just about 2% so that’s really low.

XWiki is open source and you get it for free. Please consider giving back by filling the survey, this helps the project and allows you to control the roadmap of XWiki to some extent (the results will be published on xwiki.org when the survey is over).

Thanks a lot, we count on you!

Thanks to all who’ve already answered.

-Vincent
XWiki committer

On 23 Oct 2015 at 06:19:41, [hidden email] ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In previous years the xwiki.org project launched surveys about features we’d like to see implemented in XWiki (see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Feedback).
>
> After some discussions with fellow XWikiers we thought it could be interesting to launch a similar survey in 2015, especially with the 8.x cycle approaching. But this time instead of having a long list of features to vote on, we thought it might be more interesting to have a few open questions that the community could answer.
>
> The aim of this short survey is to find out more about how satisfied (or not!) the members of the XWiki community are with the XWiki product.
>
> We'd be happy to learn about:
> * what you like / dislike about the product
> * the features and improvements you’d like to see in the product in the future and especially for XWiki 8.x
>
> The survey will run till November 13 and the results will be synthesised and made available mid-November through a blog post on the community blog ( http://blog.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ )
>
> The survey has 6 questions and should only take a few minutes:
>
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
>
> Thanks a lot for your contributions and for helping improve the product,
> -Silvia & Vincent

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Survey] Feedback about XWiki and future features

Silvia Macovei
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot to the 21 people who filled in the survey! In this post you
can find a summary of the results, with some interesting ideas on things to
implement in the future:

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ProductSatisfactionSurvey2015Results

Now XWiki developers can look at the list when deciding/discussing what
features/items to implement in 8.x and beyond. In a year or so we could do
a postmortem to see what has been implemented.

Thanks,
Silvia