Tables and readable xwiki code

Rodrigo Paes
Hi all,

I know that this question is not a “functionality” question, but it affects directly the usability of Xwiki, especially to convince non-programmers to use wiki. Then, here it goes:

Using the xwiki syntax to build tables, I find the resulting code a little
unreadable once it is not allowed to insert line breaks.
I tried to insert HTML comments to solve the problem, but it did not work.
I put the code just below to illustrate my point. Is there any way for doing
something like the third way?

a) How it is:
{table}
Header 1|Header 2
A value|A Value
A value|A Value
A value|A Value
{table}

b) the way I tried:
{table}
Header 1|Header 2
A value|A Value
<!-- cleanning the code -->
A value|A Value
<!-- cleanning the code -->
A value|A Value
{table}

c) how I would like to see:
{table}
Header 1|Header 2
A value|A Value

A value|A Value

A value|A Value
{table}

Rodrigo Paes
PHD Student - Computer Science - PUC-Rio -
[hidden email]
Messenger -
[hidden email]
Web-page:
http://www.teccomm.les.inf.puc-rio.br/rodrigo/

"Só existem duas certezas na vida: a morte e os impostos"

Re: Tables and readable xwiki code

cburleso

I have found that use of xwiki tables is good for quick and simple little tables of data.

For things that need a specific look, I just revert to standard HTML tables.

Cody Burleson

"Rodrigo Paes" <[hidden email]>

09/27/2005 09:38 AM

Please respond to

<[hidden email]>
cc
Subject
[xwiki-users] Tables and readable xwiki code

r0drigopaes@...