Tabs Macro

jerem
Hello,

I've been using the Tabs Macro [1], and have some feedback on it.

First a very positive because I really like that macro ;-)

But ... :
- in extension page [1], it is said that it's not compatible with 4.x,
though I use it without any issue on a 4.4.1 instance.
- only issue I have (already with XE 3.x) is that several empty lines are
added BEFORE the tabs.

The empty lines consist of 5 lines of :

To fix the issue, I updated the Macro.TabsMacro macro code, there was a
misplaced empty line in it:

///// BEGIN //////
{{velocity}}
    $xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
    #set ($tabsSortedMapString = $context.macro.params.idsToLabels)
    ## split incoming string into 2 velocity arrays
    #set ($tabMapEntriesStringArray = $tabsSortedMapString.split(','))
    #set( $tabIdsArray = [])
    #set( $tabNamesArray = [])
    #foreach($tabEntryString in $tabMapEntriesStringArray )
        #if ("$!tabEntryString" == "" )
            ## ignore null or empty (see
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/CheckingForNull)
        #else
            #set ($tabEntryArray = $tabEntryString.trim().split('='))
            #if ($tabEntryArray.size()!=2)
                {{error}}Parameter $tabEntryString is not a valid key=value
pair in the provided map: $tabsSortedMapString{{/error}}
            #else
                #set ($addResult =
$tabIdsArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(0).trim()))
                #set ($addResult =
$tabNamesArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(1).trim()))
            #end
(*)
        #end
    #end
## generate tabs (**)
{{html}}
///// END /////

I had to remove line marked with (*), and add 2 empty lines right after
(**). This result in having only 1 empty line added before the tabs, which
is not perfect but better.

As I didn't find a JIRA project for this macro, I'm posting it here ...

BR,
Jeremie

[1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Tabs+Macro

Re: Tabs Macro

Hi Jeremie,

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using the Tabs Macro [1], and have some feedback on it.
>
> First a very positive because I really like that macro ;-)
>
> But ... :
> - in extension page [1], it is said that it's not compatible with 4.x,
> though I use it without any issue on a 4.4.1 instance.
> - only issue I have (already with XE 3.x) is that several empty lines are
> added BEFORE the tabs.
>
> The empty lines consist of 5 lines of :
>
> To fix the issue, I updated the Macro.TabsMacro macro code, there was a
> misplaced empty line in it:
>
> ///// BEGIN //////
> {{velocity}}
>    $xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
>    #set ($tabsSortedMapString = $context.macro.params.idsToLabels)
>    ## split incoming string into 2 velocity arrays
>    #set ($tabMapEntriesStringArray = $tabsSortedMapString.split(','))
>    #set( $tabIdsArray = [])
>    #set( $tabNamesArray = [])
>    #foreach($tabEntryString in $tabMapEntriesStringArray )
>        #if ("$!tabEntryString" == "" )
>            ## ignore null or empty (see
> http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/CheckingForNull)
>        #else
>            #set ($tabEntryArray = $tabEntryString.trim().split('='))
>            #if ($tabEntryArray.size()!=2)
>                {{error}}Parameter $tabEntryString is not a valid key=value
> pair in the provided map: $tabsSortedMapString{{/error}}
>            #else
>                #set ($addResult =
> $tabIdsArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(0).trim()))
>                #set ($addResult =
> $tabNamesArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(1).trim()))
>            #end
> (*)
>        #end
>    #end
> ## generate tabs (**)
> {{html}}
> ///// END /////
>
> I had to remove line marked with (*), and add 2 empty lines right after
> (**). This result in having only 1 empty line added before the tabs, which
> is not perfect but better.
>
> As I didn't find a JIRA project for this macro, I'm posting it here …

Cool

What would be great Jeremie is if you could contact the creators of the Tabs Macro extension and ask them if they're ok to publish their project on xwiki-contrib (or on their own github which we would fork in xwiki-contrib's github).

Alternatively what you could do, is simply set up a project in xwiki-contrib based on the published 1.0.1 sources and just let the original creators know about it (this is possible since the sources are under LGPL).

> BR,
> Jeremie
>
> [1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Tabs+Macro

Re: Tabs Macro

jerem
Hi Vincent,

Ok, I'll warn them about that, and see where it gets ...

BR,
Jeremie

2013/2/26 Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > {{html}}
> > ///// END /////
> >
> > I had to remove line marked with (*), and add 2 empty lines right after
> > (**). This result in having only 1 empty line added before the tabs,
> which
> > is not perfect but better.
> >
> > As I didn't find a JIRA project for this macro, I'm posting it here …
>
> Cool
>
> What would be great Jeremie is if you could contact the creators of the
> Tabs Macro extension and ask them if they're ok to publish their project on
> xwiki-contrib (or on their own github which we would fork in
> xwiki-contrib's github).
>
> Alternatively what you could do, is simply set up a project in
> xwiki-contrib based on the published 1.0.1 sources and just let the
> original creators know about it (this is possible since the sources are

Roman Muntyanu
Hi guys :)

"Creators" are OK with either approach ;)
We're glad that it's not only us who make use of the macro :)

I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to work on our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that for some reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the macro page) was set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should be updated as well in the repository.

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using the Tabs Macro [1], and have some feedback on it.
>
> First a very positive because I really like that macro ;-)
>
> But ... :
> - in extension page [1], it is said that it's not compatible with 4.x,
> though I use it without any issue on a 4.4.1 instance.
> - only issue I have (already with XE 3.x) is that several empty lines
> are added BEFORE the tabs.
>
> The empty lines consist of 5 lines of :
>
> To fix the issue, I updated the Macro.TabsMacro macro code, there was
> a misplaced empty line in it:
>
> ///// BEGIN //////
> {{velocity}}
>    $xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
>    #set ($tabsSortedMapString = $context.macro.params.idsToLabels)
>    ## split incoming string into 2 velocity arrays
>    #set ($tabMapEntriesStringArray = $tabsSortedMapString.split(','))
>    #set( $tabIdsArray = [])
>    #set( $tabNamesArray = [])
>    #foreach($tabEntryString in $tabMapEntriesStringArray )
>        #if ("$!tabEntryString" == "" )
>            ## ignore null or empty (see
> http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/CheckingForNull)
>        #else
>            #set ($tabEntryArray = $tabEntryString.trim().split('='))
>            #if ($tabEntryArray.size()!=2)
>                {{error}}Parameter $tabEntryString is not a valid
> key=value pair in the provided map: $tabsSortedMapString{{/error}}
>            #else
>                #set ($addResult =
> $tabIdsArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(0).trim()))
>                #set ($addResult =
> $tabNamesArray.add($tabEntryArray.get(1).trim()))
>            #end
> (*)
>        #end
>    #end
> ## generate tabs (**)
> {{html}}
> ///// END /////
>
> I had to remove line marked with (*), and add 2 empty lines right
> after (**). This result in having only 1 empty line added before the
> tabs, which is not perfect but better.
>
> As I didn't find a JIRA project for this macro, I'm posting it here ...

Cool

What would be great Jeremie is if you could contact the creators of the Tabs Macro extension and ask them if they're ok to publish their project on xwiki-contrib (or on their own github which we would fork in xwiki-contrib's github).

Alternatively what you could do, is simply set up a project in xwiki-contrib based on the published 1.0.1 sources and just let the original creators know about it (this is possible since the sources are under LGPL).

> BR,
> Jeremie
>
> [1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Tabs+Macro

Re: Tabs Macro

Hi Roman,

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys :)
>
> "Creators" are OK with either approach ;)
> We're glad that it's not only us who make use of the macro :)

Great!

If you give me your github id I can add you to the xwikiorg group for xwiki-contrib so that you have write access to this contrib project when it's created!

> I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to work on our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that for some reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the macro page) was set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should be updated as well in the repository.

Its "coldserenity"

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys :)
>
> "Creators" are OK with either approach ;) We're glad that it's not
> only us who make use of the macro :)

Great!

If you give me your github id I can add you to the xwikiorg group for xwiki-contrib so that you have write access to this contrib project when it's created!

> I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to work on our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that for some reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the macro page) was set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should be updated as well in the repository.

Hi guys,

I've created a github repository for the tabs macro on xwiki-contrib:
https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/macro-tabs

Now I'll leave it to you to create the maven build there for it and to move the sources of the tabs macro in it.

PS: I've added Roman to the xwikiorg group so he has write access to it.

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Its "coldserenity"

Hi again,

2013/2/26 Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]>

> Hi guys :)
>
> "Creators" are OK with either approach ;)
> We're glad that it's not only us who make use of the macro :)
>
> I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to work on
> our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that for some
> reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the macro page) was
> set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should be updated as well in
> the repository.

Indeed, but first line of macro content is:
$xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
So "on demand" should work properly, as the JSX is used whenever the macro
is used ?

BTW, I prepared a working build for the macro, retrieving sources for
version 1.0.1 from xar.

I chose the following coordinates for the build:
  <groupId>org.xwiki.contrib</groupId>
  <artifactId>xwiki-macro-tabs</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.1</version>

It worked ok when importing the generated xar in a 4.4.1 XE.

May I push it to the contrib project ? Or Roman if you prefer I can send it
to you, so you can push it by yourself.

BR,
Jeremie

2013/3/4 Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]>

> Hi again,
>

> 2013/2/26 Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi guys :)
>>
>> "Creators" are OK with either approach ;)
>> We're glad that it's not only us who make use of the macro :)
>>
>> I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to work
>> on our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that for some
>> reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the macro page) was
>> set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should be updated as well in
>> the repository.
>>

> Indeed, but first line of macro content is:
> $xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
> So "on demand" should work properly, as the JSX is used whenever the macro
> is used ?

Jeremie, I trust it to you ;)

BTW, I prepared a working build for the macro, retrieving sources for version 1.0.1 from xar.

I chose the following coordinates for the build:
  <groupId>org.xwiki.contrib</groupId>
  <artifactId>xwiki-macro-tabs</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.1</version>

It worked ok when importing the generated xar in a 4.4.1 XE.

May I push it to the contrib project ? Or Roman if you prefer I can send it to you, so you can push it by yourself.

BR,
Jeremie

2013/3/4 Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]>

> Hi again,
>

> 2013/2/26 Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi guys :)
>>
>> "Creators" are OK with either approach ;) We're glad that it's not
>> only us who make use of the macro :)
>>
>> I have put "not compatible" with 4.x, because the macro refused to
>> work on our 4.2 installation. After investigation it turned out that
>> for some reason JS extension's "Use this extension" property (of the
>> macro page) was set to "On demand" instead of "Always", so it should
>> be updated as well in the repository.
>>

> Indeed, but first line of macro content is:
> $xwiki.jsx.use("Macro.TabsMacro")
> So "on demand" should work properly, as the JSX is used whenever the
> macro is used ?

Hello guys,

So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted) both
to github and to nexus staging.

If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging, that
would be nice :-)

groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2

Note: as I put "<xwiki.extension.name>Tabs Macro</xwiki.extension.name>" in
the pom, and page name on xwiki.org is "Tabs Macro", I believe that if I
"import" from Extension Repository, it should update the extension page
accordingly, is this right ? Because the extension id is different now of
course...

BR,
Jeremie

2013/3/4 Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]>

> Jeremie, I trust it to you ;)

Sergiu Dumitriu-3
On 03/06/2013 12:54 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
> from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted) both
> to github and to nexus staging.
>
> If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging, that
> would be nice :-)
>
> groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
> artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
> versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2

Very nice POM!

I tested the XAR, seems to be working fine. Repo released:
http://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/xwiki/contrib/xwiki-macro-tabs/

> Note: as I put "<xwiki.extension.name>Tabs Macro</xwiki.extension.name>" in
> the pom, and page name on xwiki.org is "Tabs Macro", I believe that if I
> "import" from Extension Repository, it should update the extension page
> accordingly, is this right ? Because the extension id is different now of
> course...

http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Tabs Macro

jerem
Many thanks Sergiu !
Le 6 mars 2013 19:20, "Sergiu Dumitriu" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 03/06/2013 12:54 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
> > from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted)
> both
> > to github and to nexus staging.
> >
> > If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging, that
> > would be nice :-)
> >
> > groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
> > artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
> > versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
>
> Very nice POM!
>
> I tested the XAR, seems to be working fine. Repo released:
>
> http://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/xwiki/contrib/xwiki-macro-tabs/
>
> > Note: as I put "<xwiki.extension.name>Tabs Macro</xwiki.extension.name>"
> in
> > the pom, and page name on xwiki.org is "Tabs Macro", I believe that if I
> > "import" from Extension Repository, it should update the extension page
> > accordingly, is this right ? Because the extension id is different now of
> > course...
> >

> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Tabs Macro

jerem
Just tried the import on xwiki.org, so here are some feedbacks:
- if a "<developer>" (from pom.xml) doesn't have an id existing in xwiki.org,
it is listed on imported page as xwiki:null
- import created a page "Tabs+Macro+1", instead of updated page
"Tabs+Macro", maybe I did something wrong or it's because extension id is
different ?
Apart from these little points, it's pretty cool :)
Merging things in existing page ...

BR,
Jeremie

2013/3/6 Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]>

> Many thanks Sergiu !
> Le 6 mars 2013 19:20, "Sergiu Dumitriu" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On 03/06/2013 12:54 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:
>> > Hello guys,
>> >
>> > So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
>> > from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted)
>> both
>> > to github and to nexus staging.
>> >
>> > If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging, that
>> > would be nice :-)
>> >
>> > groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
>> > artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
>> > versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
>>
>> Very nice POM!
>>
>> I tested the XAR, seems to be working fine. Repo released:
>>
>> http://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/xwiki/contrib/xwiki-macro-tabs/
>>
>> > Note: as I put "<xwiki.extension.name>Tabs Macro</xwiki.extension.name>"
>> in
>> > the pom, and page name on xwiki.org is "Tabs Macro", I believe that if
>> > "import" from Extension Repository, it should update the extension page
>> > accordingly, is this right ? Because the extension id is different now
>> of
>> > course...
>> >

>> --
>> Sergiu Dumitriu
>> http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Tabs Macro

jerem
Ok, I also updated extension page on xwiki.org [1] ...
I just checked from EM, that I could uninstall my current extension
(1.0.1), and install version 1.0.2. Seems that it did not detect new
version and propose an upgrade.
Also, I added old extension id into field "features", and set the new id
instead ("org.xwiki.contrib:xwiki-macro-tabs"). I'm not sure if it was the
correct way to do that.

BR,
Jeremie

2013/3/6 Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]>

> Just tried the import on xwiki.org, so here are some feedbacks:
> - if a "<developer>" (from pom.xml) doesn't have an id existing in
> xwiki.org, it is listed on imported page as xwiki:null
> - import created a page "Tabs+Macro+1", instead of updated page
> "Tabs+Macro", maybe I did something wrong or it's because extension id is
> different ?
> Apart from these little points, it's pretty cool :)
> Merging things in existing page ...
>
> BR,
> Jeremie
>

> 2013/3/6 Jeremie BOUSQUET <[hidden email]>
>
>> Many thanks Sergiu !

>>> both

>>> that

>>> Very nice POM!
>>>
>>> I tested the XAR, seems to be working fine. Repo released:
>>>
>>> http://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/xwiki/contrib/xwiki-macro-tabs/

>>> in
>>> if I
>>> of
>>> >

>>> --
>>> Sergiu Dumitriu
>>> http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Tabs Macro

On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:19 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/06/2013 12:54 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
>> from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted) both
>> to github and to nexus staging.
>>
>> If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging, that
>> would be nice :-)
>>
>> groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
>> artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
>> versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
>
> Very nice POM!

indeed!

Only thing I'd comment is to have consistent # of chars for indentation: in some places you use 20 chars for indentation and at other places 6, and at others 1 and at others 2 :)

We use 2 chars everywhere so I'd suggest to use 2 for not having too long lines.

> I tested the XAR, seems to be working fine. Repo released:
> http://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/xwiki/contrib/xwiki-macro-tabs/
>
>> Note: as I put "<xwiki.extension.name>Tabs Macro</xwiki.extension.name>" in
>> the pom, and page name on xwiki.org is "Tabs Macro", I believe that if I
>> "import" from Extension Repository, it should update the extension page
>> accordingly, is this right ? Because the extension id is different now of
>> course...

Re: Tabs Macro

jerem
Le 7 mars 2013 08:17, "Vincent Massol" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:19 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 03/06/2013 12:54 PM, Jeremie BOUSQUET wrote:
> >> Hello guys,
> >>
> >> So it's done, and I've published both versions 1.0.1 (from the original
> >> from xwiki.org) and 1.0.2 (wich fixes excessive empty lines inserted)
both
> >> to github and to nexus staging.
> >>
> >> If someone could kindly promote those artifacts from Nexus staging,
that

> >> would be nice :-)
> >>
> >> groupId: org.xwiki.contrib
> >> artifactId: xwiki-macro-tabs
> >> versions: 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
> >
> > Very nice POM!
>
> indeed!
>
> Only thing I'd comment is to have consistent # of chars for indentation:
in some places you use 20 chars for indentation and at other places 6, and
at others 1 and at others 2 :)

> We use 2 chars everywhere so I'd suggest to use 2 for not having too long
lines.

You're right, I forgot to beautify it ... I'll fix that for next versions.

Thanks,

Jeremie