Tags

AjdinBrandic
Hi

I'm playing with tags and noticed something odd.  I've added tags to a
few pages but when I go to "xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags" I always get
message "No documents have been tagged yet. To tag a document, edit it
and enter the tags ...".

I've searched all the posts but found only one person having the same
problem in April 2008 but no one answered.

In the end I found the problem in the page itself

##set($sql = "select distinct elements(prop.list) from BaseObject as
obj, DBStringListProperty as prop where obj.className='XWiki.TagClass'
and obj.id=prop.id.id and prop.id.name='tags'")

Note at the end " and prop.id.name='tags' "  should be " and
prop.name='tags' "

Example:
http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags
There are some tags added alredy but none displayed.

Also is there a list of all Hibernate Object names that relate to
database tables (ie. DBStringListProperty = xwikilistitems   or
LargeStringProperty = xwikilargestrings).  I am trying to work with
xwiki but its documentation is patchy and sometimes out of date so I try
to find info in the database to understand xwiki structure but get stuck
when I want to get some info out using HQL.  I usualy spend hours
looking through Volocity scripts.

Ajdin Brandic
Coventry University

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.

Re: Tags

AjdinBrandic
Hi

I've tried the same as below on my live site "http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org" but no joy.  Is there a reason why tags are not showing?  I could not find any info on the web.

Ajdin

Re: Tags

Jean Couteau
Hi Adjin,

I do not know the reason, but I have exactly the same problem...

Best regards,
Jean

Ajdin Brandic a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I've tried the same as below on my live site "http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org" but no joy.  Is there a reason why tags are not showing?  I could not find any info on the web.
>
> Ajdin

Tags facility to display all tags in XWiki is not working as I mentioned before.  I would really like someone from the development team to answer this post as there are others with the same problem.  I searched internet for 'xwiki tags' and 'how to use xwiki tags' but get tons of pages which display "No documents have been tagged yet...".

I created an API that searches through Tags, I added some Velocity code to view/delete tags on a page, but cannot get the system to display all tags (Well I can on v1.6 but myxwiki is using the latest version).

Ajdin

Ajdin Brandic a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I've tried the same as below on my live site "http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org" but no joy.  Is there a reason why tags are not showing?  I could not find any info on the web.
>
> Ajdin

Hi Ajdin,

I've just tested with a 1.8-SNAPSHOT version built a few minutes ago
and it worked fine. Here's what I did:
1) go to tags page. No tags showing
2) tag the home page using the information panel in edit mode

On Jan 16, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Ajdin Brandic wrote:

> Tags facility to display all tags in XWiki is not working as I
> mentioned before.  I would really like someone from the development
> team to answer this post as there are others with the same problem.
> I searched internet for 'xwiki tags' and 'how to use xwiki tags' but
> get tons of pages which display "No documents have been tagged
> yet...".
>
> I created an API that searches through Tags, I added some Velocity
> code to view/delete tags on a page, but cannot get the system to
> display all tags (Well I can on v1.6 but myxwiki is using the latest
> version).
>
> Ajdin

Hi Vincent

I just did the same and no tags showing.  If I reedit the main page the tags are clearly displayed in the tag field so they have been saved.

I guess when you say "2) tag the home page using the information panel in edit mode" it means simply edit with WYSIWYG or editor=wiki.

Ajdin

I've just tested with a 1.8-SNAPSHOT version built a few minutes ago and it worked fine. Here's what I did:
1) go to tags page. No tags showing
2) tag the home page using the information panel in edit mode

On Jan 16, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Ajdin Brandic wrote:

> Tags facility to display all tags in XWiki is not working as I
> mentioned before.  I would really like someone from the development
> team to answer this post as there are others with the same problem.
> I searched internet for 'xwiki tags' and 'how to use xwiki tags' but
> get tons of pages which display "No documents have been tagged
> yet...".
>
> I created an API that searches through Tags, I added some Velocity
> code to view/delete tags on a page, but cannot get the system to
> display all tags (Well I can on v1.6 but myxwiki is using the latest
> version).
>
> Ajdin

as stated before, I had the same problem on my xwiki (1.7.0). I Don't
know why but know I can display all the tags (I even use the tag cloud
piece of code I found on xwiki.org).

How many pages have you tagged ? If I remember well, I had arround 10
tags when xwiki 'decided' that I could see them.

Best regards.

Ajdin Brandic a écrit :

> Tags facility to display all tags in XWiki is not working as I mentioned before.  I would really like someone from the development team to answer this post as there are others with the same problem.  I searched internet for 'xwiki tags' and 'how to use xwiki tags' but get tons of pages which display "No documents have been tagged yet...".
>
> I created an API that searches through Tags, I added some Velocity code to view/delete tags on a page, but cannot get the system to display all tags (Well I can on v1.6 but myxwiki is using the latest version).
>
> Ajdin

----
Jean Couteau
Code Lutin - http://www.codelutin.com
44 Bd des Pas Enchantés - 44230 St-Sébastien/Loire
Tél : 02 40 50 29 28 - Fax : 09 59 92 29 28

Re: Tags

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:21 PM, Ajdin Brandic wrote:

> Hi Vincent
>
> I just did the same and no tags showing.  If I reedit the main page
> the tags are clearly displayed in the tag field so they have been
> saved.
>
> I guess when you say "2) tag the home page using the information
> panel in edit mode" it means simply edit with WYSIWYG or editor=wiki.

Yes. I've tried both in wiki edit mode or wysiwyg mode and both worked.

What DB are you using?

> Ajdin

Re: Tags

ok have a look at
http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags

I copied paste the content I had for the tags page from my local wiki.
2 things could have happened (still checking):
1) the page had the wrong content
2) when I saved I saved using programming rights and that page is
using some private api that requires programming rights (which you
don't have)

2) is most likely.

-Vincent

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:21 PM, Ajdin Brandic wrote:
>
>> Hi Vincent
>>
>> I just did the same and no tags showing.  If I reedit the main page
>> the tags are clearly displayed in the tag field so they have been
>> saved.
>>
>> I guess when you say "2) tag the home page using the information
>> panel in edit mode" it means simply edit with WYSIWYG or editor=wiki.
>
> Yes. I've tried both in wiki edit mode or wysiwyg mode and both
> worked.
>
> What DB are you using?

>> Ajdin

Re: Tags

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> ok have a look at
> http://patternlanguagenetwork.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags
>
> I copied paste the content I had for the tags page from my local wiki.
> 2 things could have happened (still checking):
> 1) the page had the wrong content
> 2) when I saved I saved using programming rights and that page is
> using some private api that requires programming rights (which you
> don't have)
>
> 2) is most likely.

I've checked and indeed it uses a private api which requires
programming rights:

#set ($tags = $xwiki.search($sql))

On wiki farms only users from the master wiki have programming rights
(provided they are given programming rights there). This is to prevent
subwikis to do dangerous things.

Thus if you modify this page (or any other page requiring programming
rights) and you save it, it'll not execute correctly since the private
apis won't execute. Hence on myxwiki.org you need to ask here on this
list if you need someone to save some page with programming rights.

> On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>

>> On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:21 PM, Ajdin Brandic wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Vincent
>>>
>>> I just did the same and no tags showing.  If I reedit the main page
>>> the tags are clearly displayed in the tag field so they have been
>>> saved.
>>>
>>> I guess when you say "2) tag the home page using the information
>>> panel in edit mode" it means simply edit with WYSIWYG or
>>> editor=wiki.
>>
>> Yes. I've tried both in wiki edit mode or wysiwyg mode and both
>> worked.
>>
>> What DB are you using?

>>> Ajdin

Re: Tags

AjdinBrandic
HI

I want to thank you all for replies.  I shall not touch that page again and must admit that I had no idea that $xwiki.search($sql) required programming rights.

again Thanks

Ajdin Brandic
Coventry University