Task Manager

Timothee Peignier
I've started creating a taks manager for xwiki. The objective is to have
periodic tasks implemented as classic java class and as groovy script.

I've started to write a basic one, based on quartz :
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/Tasks

It's currently a simple object 'Task'[1], handle by
'XWikiTaskService'[2]. It support only cron like tasks and java classes.
Task object are created/udpated upon xwiki object by a groovy script[3],
which also allow to create/delete/pause/resume tasks.

1. http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/Task
2. http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/XWikiTaskService
3. http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/TaskList

I'm currently watching to :
- Improve the integration in xwiki
- Add groovy implemented tasks
- Add repeat/interval like tasks

Any hints or help are welcome.

Best regards,

Tim
--
http://people.tryphon.org/~tim/

Re: Task Manager

Matthew Conway

On Aug 18, 2005, at 5:28 AM, Timothee Peignier wrote:

> I've started creating a taks manager for xwiki. The objective is to
> have
> periodic tasks implemented as classic java class and as groovy script.
>
> I've started to write a basic one, based on quartz :
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/Tasks

Have you looked at the email notification plugin?  It embeds quartz
and uses it to do the email notification at specified intervals.
Perhaps you could coordinate with its author so that the task
management is refactored out into the plugin you are working on.

Matt