Template Spaces

pinkerp
I am deploying a number of Spaces on our wiki that will look visually
similar, and with similar subpages.  I am wondering what is the best way
to deploy from a template space.  I have been trying out simply copying
the relevant pages to a new space, but the hierarchy path doesn't update
properly.  Am I missing something?

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead

Re: Template Spaces

Marius Dumitru Florea
If the hierarchy is closed within the space template (i.e. there's no
parent outside the space, except for the home page parent maybe) then make
sure all parents are specified using just the page name (i.e. a reference
relative to the space template). For instance use SomePage instead of
SpaceTemplate.SomePage in order for the parent to be in the new space when
you copy the page. Of course, the alternative is to programatically set the
parent in the script that copies the space template.

Hope this helps,
Marius