Testing the Watchlist feature

Hi JV,

We need to add functional tests for the Watchlist feature. Do you
think you could make sure to add tests for it?

I think we have 2 possible approaches:

1) unit testing, which means we catch the email before it's sent and
verify that it contains the correct things.
2) functional testing. This can be done very easily using Selenium and
using a tool like Dumbster inside the Selenium test. For an example of
using Dumbster, see
http://quintanasoft.com/dumbster/#Examples

Note that Dumbster is already in the central maven repo so it should
be dead easy to use.

Another possible tool to use is James (http://james.apache.org/)

I'd recommend doing 2).

Re: Testing the Watchlist feature

Jean-Vincent Drean
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi JV,
>
>  We need to add functional tests for the Watchlist feature. Do you
>  think you could make sure to add tests for it?
>
>  I think we have 2 possible approaches:
>
>  1) unit testing, which means we catch the email before it's sent and
>  verify that it contains the correct things.
>  2) functional testing. This can be done very easily using Selenium and
>  using a tool like Dumbster inside the Selenium test. For an example of
>  using Dumbster, see
>  http://quintanasoft.com/dumbster/#Examples
>
>  Note that Dumbster is already in the central maven repo so it should
>  be dead easy to use.
>
>  Another possible tool to use is James (http://james.apache.org/)

+1 for 2) since it'll allow to test the feature both on UI and backend
sides. I'll work on it tomorrow.

JV.