Tests broken?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello,

I'm trying to build XWiki but some tests are not passing. They are related
to rendering, apparently an expected line feed is not being printed. Take a
look at one of the errors:

junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<beginDocument[
onMacro: [testsimplemacro] [param1=value1|param2=value2] [
content
]
endDocument
]
> but was:<beginDocument[
onMacro: [testsimplemacro] [param1=value1|param2=value2] [
content
]
endDocument]

This has been happening since yesterday, so I'd like to know if it's really
happening to everybody or if I did something stupid here.

I am indeed trying to change one of XWiki's macros, the GraphViz one, I'm
adding some functionalities to it - allowing it to use more features that
GraphViz provides. But I really don't see how the code I did would break
this rendering mechanism, I don't render anything there except the GraphViz
stuff.

--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Tests broken?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello again!

I made a new checkout, didn't change anything, cleaned maven repository, and
yet the tests fail.

Does anybody confirm the tests are failing on HEAD?

Thanks,
Tiago.

--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Tests broken?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello one more time,

Sorry to insist on this... but just by chance, does any XWiki developer runs
his/her tests on a Windows machine, or all of you always use Linux?

I'm starting to think this might be the issue...

The tests still don't pass in my machine.
I found another one where I made a clean checkout of the SVN and the tests
passed.
Then I tried in a third machine, again a new installation, and the tests did
not pass, same errors.
All of them use Java 1.6.
The main difference? The machine where the tests passed runs a Ubuntu, while
the other two where the tests don't pass run Windows XP. In addition, the
errors seem to be related to line feeds, what is known to be different among
the two OS...

Could anyone else verify that for me? (is there anyone that is managing to
build XWiki on a Windows machine?)

--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Tests broken?

Miguel Bento
Hi Tiago,

Yesterday i had exactly the same problem under windows, but i'm using a
different java version. There seems to be a \n not present at the end of the
test, but i'm no xwiki expert and therefore cannot help you on this.

Best of luck,
Miguel Bento.

Re: Tests broken?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Thank you Miguel,

With the help of Eclipse I could find the exact point where I needed to put
my little hack to fix it. Now my test execution is converting all Windows
line feeds (\r\n) to Linux line feeds (\n) before making the comparison.

If you want to have XWiki's tests passing on Windows, just apply the patch
attached to the file
xwiki-platform-core\xwiki-rendering\xwiki-rendering-tests\src\test\java\org\xwiki\rendering\scaffolding\ParserListenerTester.java

Have a nice weekend!

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Miguel Bento <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tiago,
>
> Yesterday i had exactly the same problem under windows, but i'm using a
> different java version. There seems to be a \n not present at the end of
> the
> test, but i'm no xwiki expert and therefore cannot help you on this.
>
> Best of luck,
> Miguel Bento.

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

ParserListenerTester.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com