The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

kirbyzhou
1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
For example:
"运营" displays as "运营", if I click "运营", it becomes "运营", much worse.

2.     The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
For example:
"表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.

For example:

3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use ">" instead of ">" in wiki source text.

For example:
[[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]
Should be:
[[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

From what I saw in your other mail it looks like you have some
encoding setup issue which may also be the cause here.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:07 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
> For example:
> "运营" displays as "è¿ è ¥", if I click "è¿ è ¥", it becomes "è¿ è ¥", much worse.
>
> 2.     The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
> For example:
> "表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
> And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.
>
> For example:
>
> 3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use "&gt;" instead of ">" in wiki source text.
>
> For example:
> [[沙箱测试页面1&gt;&gt;Sandbox.TestPage1]]
> Should be:
> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

I’d like to know if you have some part of the UI or some pages that display zh correctly or if all pages/all parts of UI display jumble?

This is to check if your issue is with the XWiki encoding setup or not.

On 4 Dec 2015 at 05:06:55, KirbY ZhoU ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> 1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
> For example:
> "运营" displays as "运营", if I click "运营", it becomes "运营", much worse.
>
> 2. The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
> For example:
> "表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
> And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.
>
> For example:
>
> 3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use ">" instead of ">" in wiki source text.
>
> For example:
> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]
> Should be:
> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> From what I saw in your other mail it looks like you have some
> encoding setup issue which may also be the cause here.
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:07 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
>> For example:
>> "运营" displays as "è¿ è ¥", if I click "è¿ è ¥", it becomes "è¿ è ¥", much worse.
>>
>> 2.     The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
>> For example:
>> "表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
>> And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.
>>
>> For example:

Search look ok to me, for example
http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?r=1&text=%E8%BF%90%E8%90%A5

Probably an encoding issue in your setup like for the tag.

>> 3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use "&gt;" instead of ">" in wiki source text.
>>
>> For example:
>> [[沙箱测试页面1&gt;&gt;Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>> Should be:
>> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]

This one is indeed a real mistake. I could fix it but I believe the
best would be for you to create an account on http://l10n.xwiki.org
and directly fix the issue on
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/SandboxWebHome?action=viewall&language=zh
so that you are credited as the author of the fix.

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

kirbyzhou
Thanks all.
The problem 1 and 2 has been solved since I set URIEncoding="UTF-8" in /etc/tomcat/server.xml.

I will try to fix problem 3 soon.

在 15/12/4 下午5:41,“users 代表 Thomas Mortagne”<[hidden email] 代表 [hidden email]> 写入:

>On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Mortagne
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> From what I saw in your other mail it looks like you have some
>> encoding setup issue which may also be the cause here.
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:07 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> 1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
>>> For example:
>>> "运营" displays as "è¿ è ¥", if I click "è¿ è ¥", it becomes "è¿ è ¥", much worse.
>>>
>>> 2.     The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
>>> For example:
>>> "表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
>>> And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.
>>>
>>> For example:
>
>Search look ok to me, for example
>http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?r=1&text=%E8%BF%90%E8%90%A5
>
>Probably an encoding issue in your setup like for the tag.
>

>>> 3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use "&gt;" instead of ">" in wiki source text.
>>>
>>> For example:
>>> [[沙箱测试页面1&gt;&gt;Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>>> Should be:
>>> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>
>This one is indeed a real mistake. I could fix it but I believe the
>best would be for you to create an account on http://l10n.xwiki.org
>and directly fix the issue on
>http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/SandboxWebHome?action=viewall&language=zh
>so that you are credited as the author of the fix.

>> Thomas Mortagne
>

>--
>Thomas Mortagne

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

kirbyzhou
After I upgrade to XWiki-7.4.3, the search feature is still broken.
How can I set the encoding correctly?

“Search: 中文”

在 15/12/4 下午5:41,“users 代表 Thomas Mortagne”<[hidden email] 代表 [hidden email]> 写入:

>On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Mortagne
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> From what I saw in your other mail it looks like you have some
>> encoding setup issue which may also be the cause here.
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 5:07 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> 1. The "tags" feature display a lot of jumbled text.
>>> For example:
>>> "运营" displays as "è¿ è ¥", if I click "è¿ è ¥", it becomes "è¿ è ¥", much worse.
>>>
>>> 2.     The "Solr Search" feature display a log of jumbled text.
>>> For example:
>>> "表格" displays as "表格" in the search result page.
>>> And of couse, it returns no hitted page, but it is actually appeared in the default "Sandbox" chinese page.
>>>
>>> For example:
>
>Search look ok to me, for example
>http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?r=1&text=%E8%BF%90%E8%90%A5
>
>Probably an encoding issue in your setup like for the tag.
>

>>> 3. The Chinese Sandbox, incorrectly use "&gt;" instead of ">" in wiki source text.
>>>
>>> For example:
>>> [[沙箱测试页面1&gt;&gt;Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>>> Should be:
>>> [[沙箱测试页面1>>Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>
>This one is indeed a real mistake. I could fix it but I believe the
>best would be for you to create an account on http://l10n.xwiki.org
>and directly fix the issue on
>http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/SandboxWebHome?action=viewall&language=zh
>so that you are credited as the author of the fix.

>> Thomas Mortagne
>

>--
>Thomas Mortagne

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

I don't understand, you said in your previous mail that it was a setup
issue on your side and that you had fixed it.

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After I upgrade to XWiki-7.4.3, the search feature is still broken.
> How can I set the encoding correctly?
>
> “Search: 中文”
>

> 在 15/12/4 下午5:41,“users 代表 Thomas Mortagne”<[hidden email] 代表 [hidden email]> 写入:
>
>>On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Mortagne
>><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> From what I saw in your other mail it looks like you have some
>>> encoding setup issue which may also be the cause here.

>>Search look ok to me, for example
>>http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?r=1&text=%E8%BF%90%E8%90%A5
>>
>>Probably an encoding issue in your setup like for the tag.

>>This one is indeed a real mistake. I could fix it but I believe the
>>best would be for you to create an account on http://l10n.xwiki.org
>>and directly fix the issue on
>>http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/SandboxWebHome?action=viewall&language=zh
>>so that you are credited as the author of the fix.

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne
>>

>>--
>>Thomas Mortagne

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

kirbyzhou
Yes, I had resovled the problem by change settings in tomcat in the last year.

    <Connector port="1080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

But after I upgrade to 7.4.3, the problem appears again, it seems very strange.

在 16/5/19 下午4:53,“users 代表 Thomas Mortagne”<[hidden email] 代表 [hidden email]> 写入:

>I don't understand, you said in your previous mail that it was a setup
>issue on your side and that you had fixed it.
>
>On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:41 AM, KirbY ZhoU <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> After I upgrade to XWiki-7.4.3, the search feature is still broken.
>> How can I set the encoding correctly?
>>
>> “Search: 中文”
>>

>> 在 15/12/4 下午5:41,“users 代表 Thomas Mortagne”<[hidden email] 代表 [hidden email]> 写入:

>>>Search look ok to me, for example
>>>http://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?r=1&text=%E8%BF%90%E8%90%A5
>>>
>>>Probably an encoding issue in your setup like for the tag.

>>>This one is indeed a real mistake. I could fix it but I believe the
>>>best would be for you to create an account on http://l10n.xwiki.org
>>>and directly fix the issue on
>>>http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/SandboxWebHome?action=viewall&language=zh
>>>so that you are credited as the author of the fix.

>>>--
>>>Thomas Mortagne
>

>--
>Thomas Mortagne

Re: The "zh" Chinese support in XWiki-7.3 is very bad.

kirbyzhou
I am sorry.
The problem is that: our admin newly do use Apache/AJP protocol to visit tomcat 8009 port instead old 1080 http port,
and the “URIEncoding” is not configured at AJP port.