The skin of the login form

mctoz
XWiki 5.4.4

I have a 'locked down' main wiki (i.e. no unauthenticated guest access)
that has a custom skin and color theme. The login form though has a
different skin from the wiki itself!

I was thinking this was something to do with a missing right
somewhere... did try granting view rights on the Skin document to the
unregistered user but that didnt seem to help.

There is a JIRA for something similar -
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CHRONO-274

So what do I need to do so that it uses the correct skin?

MT

Re: The skin of the login form

mctoz
It turned out that what I had to do was grant the View right to the
unregistered user on both:
* The XWiki space
* The ColorThemes space

But leave the right off at the Wiki level. This seems to enforce
authentication still being required.

On 6/05/2014 11:40 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> XWiki 5.4.4
>
> I have a 'locked down' main wiki (i.e. no unauthenticated guest
> access) that has a custom skin and color theme. The login form though
> has a different skin from the wiki itself!
>
> I was thinking this was something to do with a missing right
> somewhere... did try granting view rights on the Skin document to the
> unregistered user but that didnt seem to help.
>
> There is a JIRA for something similar -
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CHRONO-274
>
> So what do I need to do so that it uses the correct skin?
>
> MT

Re: The skin of the login form

mctoz
... and ... because I had explicitly granted View right to the
unregistered user on those two spaces, I had to do the same for the
XWikiAllGroup too, even though that group had the View right at the wiki
level. Otherwise as soon as ordinary user logged in, he lost colors and
skin!

I think this is because of this rule in the Security Module:

/When a right has been allowed at a given level, it get explicitly
denied to anyone else at the same level. For example, if edit right is
allow at document level to userA only, it will be denied to any other
userB, unless this userB receive an implied edit right with a different
inheritance policy at a higher level (userB is admin for example).//

/