Theme on Subwiki Error page

DeHaynes
I am working on setting up subwikis in a private Intranet wiki.  I have a customized theme with a custom logo.  When a member of the subwiki clicks around, they see the theme normally.  When a non-member ties to go to a page they get the normal "Error - You are not allowed to view this document or perform this action".  Which is good, except the theme on that page changes back to the original XWiki theme and logo.  The root wiki is using the same customized theme and it appears on the login page because I gave unregistered users access to view the theme.

I don't know who to give permission to in order for the theme to appear.  The user is no longer unregistered, because they are a member of the root wiki.  However they are not a member of any group in the subwiki.

I using XWiki 5.4.1, with MySQL and Tomcat7.  I have a vanilla .deb install.

Re: Theme on Subwiki Error page

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
On 02/27/2014 07:42 PM, DeHaynes wrote:

> I am working on setting up subwikis in a private Intranet wiki.  I have a
> customized theme with a custom logo.  When a member of the subwiki clicks
> around, they see the theme normally.  When a non-member ties to go to a page
> they get the normal "Error - You are not allowed to view this document or
> perform this action".  Which is good, except the theme on that page changes
> back to the original XWiki theme and logo.  The root wiki is using the same
> customized theme and it appears on the login page because I gave
> unregistered users access to view the theme.
>
> I don't know who to give permission to in order for the theme to appear.
> The user is no longer unregistered, because they are a member of the root
> wiki.  However they are not a member of any group in the subwiki.

Unless I am very mistaken, a user who has no right on the subwiki is treated like the anonymous user.

To let these users see the logo of the subwiki you must make the page containing the logo visible to the public.
Depending on which page you added the logo, this will be either:
 - the color theme the wiki uses - go to /xwiki/bin/view/ColorThemes/ to find it
 - the current "Skin" page, most probably XWiki.DefaultSkin

As an additional safety measure XWiki allows to block anonymous users globally,
so if even after giving the anonymous user view rights on these pages
the logo still does not show up, go to the wiki admin, section "rights"
and make sure the "black checkmark" for "Prevent unregistered users from viewing pages,
regardless of the page or space rights" is unchecked

> I using XWiki 5.4.1, with MySQL and Tomcat7.  I have a vanilla .deb install.

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
Software Development
EsPresto AG
Breite Str. 30-31
10178 Berlin/Germany
Tel: +49.(0)30.90 226.763
Fax: +49.(0)30.90 226.760
[hidden email]

HRB 77554 B - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Maya Biersack, Peter Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Winfried Weber
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001:2008

Re: Theme on Subwiki Error page

DeHaynes
Thank you.

I had to go to the Rights on the particular theme and then give the global XWikiAllUsers group view access.