Tracking access/downloads of attachments by user name

Tracking access/downloads of attachments by user name

Assia Alexandrova
Hello, I am interested in tracking who downloaded attachments from specific wiki pages. I saw this isn't available in the Stats app. Is this functionality available in any other module/extension?
Thanks,

Assia E. Alexandrova
Sr. Technology Strategist
Information Management Division
Fort Lauderdale Police Department
1300 West Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
Tel.: (954) 828-5867
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, photocopying or distribution of these contents is unauthorized and prohibited by law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and placing "INCORRECT DESTINATION ADDRESS" in the subject line.

Re: Tracking access/downloads of attachments by user name

aleksey-s
Hi!

I think these actions may be in xwiki.activitystream_events table (find in columns ase_type some like  '%attachment%').

Re: Tracking access/downloads of attachments by user name

Hi Assia,

On 31 Aug 2015 at 19:01:29, Assia Alexandrova ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hello, I am interested in tracking who downloaded attachments from specific wiki pages. I saw this isn't available in the Stats app. Is this functionality available in any other module/extension?

I would recommend that you use an external tool like Piwiki, instead of the default stats app. This should allow you to have more statistics. Using that you can track access to URL containing “/download/“ for tracking downloading attachments.

See also http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/XWiki+Application+-+Piwik+Extension

Hope it helps,

> Assia E. Alexandrova
> Sr. Technology Strategist
> Information Management Division
> Fort Lauderdale Police Department
> 1300 West Broward Blvd.
> Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
> Tel.: (954) 828-5867

Re: Tracking access/downloads of attachments by user name

Assia Alexandrova
Thank you, Vincent,

Do I need to setup a Piwik account of any sort? The documentation refers to getting a site ID from the Piwik Admin….

Thank you very much ☺
-Assia

I haven’t used Piwiki myself but the documentation at http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/XWiki+Application+-+Piwik+Extension says that piwiki needs to be installed. It also points to http://piwik.org/ which contains all the instructions to use Piwik.