[Translation] Translation migration

Adel Atallah
Hi,

To fix some issues we have, we want to transform translation files so that
they have the same structure as the english base translation file.
You can have a look at this test commit
<https://github.com/atallahade/xwiki-platform/commit/5b89e1d2fd856af58b68b3ba446948ec3de6930d>
see what the migration is about.
You obviously don't have to check every changes but if you manage to find
something wrong somewhere, please let us know here.

We will lock the translations on l10.xwiki.org and do the migration once we
know for sure that it will not create other issues.

Also, be aware that future translations added to the platform will
automatically be changed as soon as a first modification is made by a user.

Thanks,
Adel

Re: [Translation] Translation migration

> On 24 May 2018, at 13:58, Adel Atallah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To fix some issues we have, we want to transform translation files so that
> they have the same structure as the english base translation file.

As discussed together, I think it’s a very good idea that solves a lot of issues we have ATM.

> You can have a look at this test commit
> <https://github.com/atallahade/xwiki-platform/commit/5b89e1d2fd856af58b68b3ba446948ec3de6930d>
> see what the migration is about.
> You obviously don't have to check every changes but if you manage to find
> something wrong somewhere, please let us know here.
> We will lock the translations on l10.xwiki.org and do the migration once we
> know for sure that it will not create other issues.
>
> Also, be aware that future translations added to the platform will
> automatically be changed as soon as a first modification is made by a user.

I think this is acceptable. It’ll cause some PRs with non-user-related changes but it’s ok (I hope those changes will be done under the xwiki weblate user and not under the user who’ll have contributed new translations though ;)).

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> On 24 May 2018, at 13:58, Adel Atallah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To fix some issues we have, we want to transform translation files so that
>> they have the same structure as the english base translation file.
>
> As discussed together, I think it’s a very good idea that solves a lot of issues we have ATM.
>
>> You can have a look at this test commit
>> <https://github.com/atallahade/xwiki-platform/commit/5b89e1d2fd856af58b68b3ba446948ec3de6930d>
>> see what the migration is about.
>> You obviously don't have to check every changes but if you manage to find
>> something wrong somewhere, please let us know here.
>> We will lock the translations on l10.xwiki.org and do the migration once we
>> know for sure that it will not create other issues.
>>
>> Also, be aware that future translations added to the platform will
>> automatically be changed as soon as a first modification is made by a user.
>
> I think this is acceptable. It’ll cause some PRs with non-user-related changes but it’s ok (I hope those changes will be done under the xwiki weblate user and not under the user who’ll have contributed new translations though ;)).

In this case, these changes will be committed with the changes of the
weblate user. We can avoid that by manually committed the "migrated"
translations just after we add new translations or automatically with
a script (but we still need to figure out how we add new translations
to the platform).

>> Adel

Re: [Translation] Translation migration

Adel Atallah
I fixed some issues you could find on the previous test commit. Here is the
new one
<https://github.com/atallahade/xwiki-platform/commit/12ffd02abe6276be3b2c25f758a47e559002ffae>
.