Translation, is there any cache ?

xrichard
Hello,

I've defined custom translations for XWiki standard keys. For some the changes are reflected immediately. For other custom translations I have to wait: the new string is displayed only after "hours" (ie the next day).

For instance strings for the 3 following translation keys are not changed immediately:
login=
logout=
core.viewers.comments.add.submit=

Can someone explain me why? Is there a cache somewhere? but not for all keys?

regards,

Re: Translation, is there any cache ?

Yes there is cache and there is also very different kind of
translation resources and since translation system has been rewritten
very recently it's possible there is some remaining bugs somewhere.

Could you detail step by step exactly what change you did where that
has not been taken into account right away so that I can try to
reproduce and debug it.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've defined custom translations for XWiki standard keys. For some the
> changes are reflected immediately. For other custom translations I have to
> wait: the new string is displayed only after "hours" (ie the next day).
>
> For instance strings for the 3 following translation keys are not changed
> immediately:
> login=
> logout=
> core.viewers.comments.add.submit=
>
> Can someone explain me why? Is there a cache somewhere? but not for all
> keys?
>
> regards,

Re: Translation, is there any cache?

xrichard
Thanks for your quick answer.

To reproduced (I have performed these steps on myxwiki.org):
- declared a custom translation page in admin
- add custom translations for standard XWiki keys in this page (using wiki
editor mode) and save the page.

Most of new strings are available immediately. I have noticed 2 exceptions (at
least) for the following keys:

  * logout= which is used several times in the login page
  * core.viewers.comments.add.submit= which is the button to submit a comment on
    each bottom of page.

regards,