Trying to change PDF export layout

xrichard
Hi,

I'm trying to change my first skin / vm template. I've followed XWiki documentation to alter the PDF export layout (see here: https://network.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/DocXE51Fr/PersonnaliserLeContenuExporte).

1. edit the default skin
2. create a new object: type TextArea with the correct name (*.vm)
3. Save changes.

see the screen capture : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl3bwlar91i6qe8/Custom%20Skin%20For%20XWiki.png

But when I test, the generated PDF still contains the default footer.
Can someone help me, I should have missed a step ;-(.

Re: Trying to change PDF export layout

xrichard
Hi,

Does my message has been correctly received on the mailing list?

Since yesterday I have checked that the skin I have modified is the skin defined for my Wiki.
I though there may have a cache somewhere but since 1 day this cache should have vanished ;-) ... unfortunalty the pb is still there (ie the changed done in the skin is not effective).

Thanks for your help.

Re: Trying to change PDF export layout

xrichard
Hi,

To change my skin more easily I have tried to install "Skin Editor Application" (see here : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Skin+Editor+Application) with Extension Manager but I received the following error during install process on my Wiki hosted on myxwiki.org:

"Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Dashboard.WebHome]: Registering UI extensions requires admin rights"

Is it possible to have this extension installed on mywiki.org?

regards,

PS: I thought I can operate XWiki in a 100% "cloud mode" but now I'm less confident.

Re: Trying to change PDF export layout

xrichard
Hi,

I'm (again) trying to create a custom skin to "erase" the default one. What should I put in the "baseskin" property of my new Skin document?

In the documentation it's written "colibri" (see page http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Skins , paragraph "A. Creating a Skin document"), but what does colibri stand for? Is this value accurate whatever my XWiki configuration?

Thanks for your help,

On 2 Dec 2013 at 00:46:33, xrichard ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi,

I'm (again) trying to create a custom skin to "erase" the default one. What
should I put in the "baseskin" property of my new Skin document?

In the documentation it's written "colibri" (see page
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Skins , paragraph "A.
Creating a Skin document"), but what does colibri stand for? Is this value
accurate whatever my XWiki configuration?
I’ve added some precisions on that page.

Hope it helps,