Twitter Macro

pinkerp
Trying to get this macro to work: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Twitter+Macro

I seem to be missing something with it.    What I really want to do is simply display a Twitter feed on a page.

Any help is appreciated!

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Twitter Macro

Ludovic Dubost
Hi

I believe it's because Twitter's APIs are not working anymore or have
changed

This is probably an easier solution using the XWiki HTML macro

https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines
Le 25 mai 2016 18:42, "Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO)" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Trying to get this macro to work:
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Twitter+Macro
>
> I seem to be missing something with it.    What I really want to do is
> simply display a Twitter feed on a page.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Twitter Macro

I’d suggest you either remove the extension or update its doc page to have a big warning explaining that it’s not working anymore.

> On 26 May 2016, at 08:38, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I believe it's because Twitter's APIs are not working anymore or have
> changed
>
> This is probably an easier solution using the XWiki HTML macro
>
> https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines
> Le 25 mai 2016 18:42, "Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO)" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Trying to get this macro to work:
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Twitter+Macro
>>
>> I seem to be missing something with it.    What I really want to do is
>> simply display a Twitter feed on a page.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated!
>>
>> Paul Pinkerton
>> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Twitter Macro

> On 26 May 2016, at 08:40, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’d suggest you either remove the extension or update its doc page to have a big warning explaining that it’s not working anymore.

… and suggest alternatives :)

AFAIR I have used twitter4j successfully in the past. I don’t know if that’s what the macro uses. If so then maybe it’s enough to upgrade the version of twitter4j used?

>> On 26 May 2016, at 08:38, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I believe it's because Twitter's APIs are not working anymore or have
>> changed
>>
>> This is probably an easier solution using the XWiki HTML macro
>>
>> https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines
>> Le 25 mai 2016 18:42, "Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO)" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Trying to get this macro to work:
>>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Twitter+Macro
>>>
>>> I seem to be missing something with it.    What I really want to do is
>>> simply display a Twitter feed on a page.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated!
>>>
>>> Paul Pinkerton
>>> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Twitter Macro

Ludovic Dubost
Not sure.. I think there might be changes to the api now.. best would be to
transform the HTML widgets into macros with parameters.

I don't have much time though

Ludovic
Le 26 mai 2016 08:42, "Vincent Massol" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > On 26 May 2016, at 08:40, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I’d suggest you either remove the extension or update its doc page to
> have a big warning explaining that it’s not working anymore.
>
> … and suggest alternatives :)
>
> AFAIR I have used twitter4j successfully in the past. I don’t know if
> that’s what the macro uses. If so then maybe it’s enough to upgrade the
> version of twitter4j used?

> >> On 26 May 2016, at 08:38, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I believe it's because Twitter's APIs are not working anymore or have
> >> changed
> >>
> >> This is probably an easier solution using the XWiki HTML macro
> >>
> >> https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines

Re: Twitter Macro

Silvia Macovei

I’ve been using Twitter Widgets + the XWiki HTML macro to display Twitter
feeds on a wiki page. To create the widget you can follow the instructions
on https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170071# and then copy/ paste the
code into the HTML macro.

Hope this helps,
Silvia

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Trying to get this macro to work:
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Twitter+Macro
>
> I seem to be missing something with it.    What I really want to do is
> simply display a Twitter feed on a page.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: Twitter Macro

pinkerp
Thanks Silvia, Ludovic and Vincent.  I did exactly what Silvia suggested here and created the Twitter widget and used it in an HTML macro.  Working great.  I'm just playing with some of the surrounding html code to see if I can make it a prettier display.

Thanks.