Quantcast

[UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it would
be helpful to add more content templates by default.

Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates will
be suggested in the creation step.

Here are some templates we could add by default:
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
1. Article
2. Encyclopedia
3. Meeting
4. Simple Page

You can test them on
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use the
Create button)

Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
otherwise let me know your feedback.

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Hi Caty,

> On 07 Jul 2016, at 16:12, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
> In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it would
> be helpful to add more content templates by default.
>
> Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
> application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates will
> be suggested in the creation step.
>
> Here are some templates we could add by default:
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> 1. Article
> 2. Encyclopedia
> 3. Meeting
> 4. Simple Page
>
> You can test them on
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use the
> Create button)
>
> Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
> otherwise let me know your feedback.

+1

> Caty

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Also where do you think the templates pages (providers, templates,
translations) should be committed:
A. xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-template/xwiki-platform-template-ui/
B. on xwiki-contrib with a dependency in
/xwiki-enterprise-ui/xwiki-enterprise-ui-common/pom.xml

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>
> > On 07 Jul 2016, at 16:12, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
> > In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it would
> > be helpful to add more content templates by default.
> >
> > Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
> > application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates
> will
> > be suggested in the creation step.
> >
> > Here are some templates we could add by default:
> >
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> > 1. Article
> > 2. Encyclopedia
> > 3. Meeting
> > 4. Simple Page
> >
> > You can test them on
> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use
> the
> > Create button)
> >
> > Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
> > otherwise let me know your feedback.
>
> +1

> > Caty

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Anca Luca
Hello Caty,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]

> By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
> In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it would
> be helpful to add more content templates by default.
>
> Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
> application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates will
> be suggested in the creation step.
>
> Here are some templates we could add by default:
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> 1. Article
> 2. Encyclopedia

I think these two are the same one, they should be collapsed into only one
template. I don't really understand the differences between these two.

> 3. Meeting

Should be called Meeting Report (or meeting notes), so that the difference
with the meeting extension is more obvious.

> 4. Simple Page

Should have the word Table of Contents in the name, so that its purpose is
obvious from the start (otherwise "simple page" and the default "blank
page" are not very easy to differentiate ).

Another template could be added, "Index page", with a simple livetable
listing all the children (and descendants) pages of the current page. It's
handy when creating the root page of a subtree on the wiki (would have the
same purpose as "Dashboard", to be a scripted homepage from where the
subtree of that page can be accessed).

Thanks,
Anca

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Caty,
>

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
> > In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it would
> > be helpful to add more content templates by default.
> >
> > Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
> > application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates
> will
> > be suggested in the creation step.
> >
> > Here are some templates we could add by default:
> >
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> > 1. Article
> > 2. Encyclopedia
> >

> I think these two are the same one, they should be collapsed into only one
> template. I don't really understand the differences between these two.

The differences are in layout.

> > 3. Meeting
> >

> Should be called Meeting Report (or meeting notes), so that the difference
> with the meeting extension is more obvious.

I will use "Meeting Report"

> > 4. Simple Page
> >

> Should have the word Table of Contents in the name, so that its purpose is
> obvious from the start (otherwise "simple page" and the default "blank
> page" are not very easy to differentiate ).

The difference is viewed in the Description, see
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

> Another template could be added, "Index page", with a simple livetable
> listing all the children (and descendants) pages of the current page. It's
> handy when creating the root page of a subtree on the wiki (would have the
> same purpose as "Dashboard", to be a scripted homepage from where the
> subtree of that page can be accessed).
>
> Thanks,
> Anca
>

> > You can test them on
> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use
> the
> > Create button)
> >
> > Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
> > otherwise let me know your feedback.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
PR available at: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pull/521/files

Waiting for more votes. Maybe this can make it in 8.2-Final.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Caty,
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
>> [hidden email]
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
>> > In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it
>> would
>> > be helpful to add more content templates by default.
>> >
>> > Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
>> > application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates
>> will
>> > be suggested in the creation step.
>> >
>> > Here are some templates we could add by default:
>> >
>> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
>> > 1. Article
>> > 2. Encyclopedia
>> >

>> I think these two are the same one, they should be collapsed into only one
>> template. I don't really understand the differences between these two.
>>

> The differences are in layout.
>

>> > 3. Meeting
>> >

>> Should be called Meeting Report (or meeting notes), so that the difference
>> with the meeting extension is more obvious.
>>

> I will use "Meeting Report"
>

>> > 4. Simple Page
>> >

>> Should have the word Table of Contents in the name, so that its purpose is
>> obvious from the start (otherwise "simple page" and the default "blank
>> page" are not very easy to differentiate ).
>>

> The difference is viewed in the Description, see
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

>> Another template could be added, "Index page", with a simple livetable
>> listing all the children (and descendants) pages of the current page. It's
>> handy when creating the root page of a subtree on the wiki (would have the
>> same purpose as "Dashboard", to be a scripted homepage from where the
>> subtree of that page can be accessed).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anca
>>

>> > You can test them on
>> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use
>> the
>> > Create button)
>> >
>> > Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
>> > otherwise let me know your feedback.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Caty

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Anca Luca
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Caty,
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > [hidden email]
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > By default there are not many page templates an user could see.
> > > In order for users to understand the power and purpose of XWiki, it
> would
> > > be helpful to add more content templates by default.
> > >
> > > Content Templates are templates that don't belong to a particular
> > > application, but provides an initial content structure. The templates
> > will
> > > be suggested in the creation step.
> > >
> > > Here are some templates we could add by default:
> > >

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> > > 1. Article
> > > 2. Encyclopedia
> > >

> > I think these two are the same one, they should be collapsed into only
> one
> > template. I don't really understand the differences between these two.
> >

> The differences are in layout.

In my opinion this is not enough to have both of them. For me, the goal of
the templates by default is to help discover the template feature and its
benefits to users, and the way to do that would be to show interesting
usecases of the template feature. Having two templates for the same usecase
but with different layout is not aligned with this goal, but would be more
aligned with the goal of showing that we can do different fancy layouts. In
addition, this logic would allow to have multiple templates for the other
usecases as well, with different layout, which would not be a good idea
(e.g. another meeting report, with a different layout) because would bloat
the list...

Anyone else?

Thanks,
Anca

> > > 3. Meeting
> > >

> > Should be called Meeting Report (or meeting notes), so that the
> difference
> > with the meeting extension is more obvious.
> >

> I will use "Meeting Report"
>

> > > 4. Simple Page
> > >

> > Should have the word Table of Contents in the name, so that its purpose
> is
> > obvious from the start (otherwise "simple page" and the default "blank
> > page" are not very easy to differentiate ).
> >

> The difference is viewed in the Description, see
>
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> > Another template could be added, "Index page", with a simple livetable
> > listing all the children (and descendants) pages of the current page.
> It's
> > handy when creating the root page of a subtree on the wiki (would have
> the
> > same purpose as "Dashboard", to be a scripted homepage from where the
> > subtree of that page can be accessed).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anca
> >

> > > You can test them on
> > > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/ (use
> > the
> > > Create button)
> > >
> > > Please vote if you agree these templates should be added by default or
> > > otherwise let me know your feedback.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Caty

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
In case we don't like a particular Template, then the best strategy is to
have individual votes for them.

@Anca, from your feedback is hard to know if you prefer Article over
Encyclopedia.

Since we need to release 8.2 final at the end of the week I would like to
advance with this topic: either by committing all the proposed templates or
just a subset, but I need more opinions.

2. Encyclopedia (Encyclopedia page): +1 Vincent, +1 Caty
3. Meeting Report (Agenda and notes): 1+ Vincent, +1 Caty, +1 Anca
4. Simple Page (With table of content): +1 Vincent, +1 Caty, +1 Anca

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Caty,
> > >

> > > On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > > [hidden email]

> > would

> > > will

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal
> > > >

> > > I think these two are the same one, they should be collapsed into only
> > one
> > > template. I don't really understand the differences between these two.
> > >

> > The differences are in layout.
> >

> In my opinion this is not enough to have both of them. For me, the goal of
> the templates by default is to help discover the template feature and its
> benefits to users, and the way to do that would be to show interesting
> usecases of the template feature. Having two templates for the same usecase
> but with different layout is not aligned with this goal, but would be more
> aligned with the goal of showing that we can do different fancy layouts. In
> addition, this logic would allow to have multiple templates for the other
> usecases as well, with different layout, which would not be a good idea
> (e.g. another meeting report, with a different layout) because would bloat
> the list...
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Thanks,
> Anca

> > > Should be called Meeting Report (or meeting notes), so that the
> > difference
> > > with the meeting extension is more obvious.
> > >

> > I will use "Meeting Report"

> > > Should have the word Table of Contents in the name, so that its purpose
> > is
> > > obvious from the start (otherwise "simple page" and the default "blank
> > > page" are not very easy to differentiate ).
> > >

> > The difference is viewed in the Description, see
> >

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty
> >

> > > Another template could be added, "Index page", with a simple livetable
> > > listing all the children (and descendants) pages of the current page.
> > It's
> > > handy when creating the root page of a subtree on the wiki (would have
> > the
> > > same purpose as "Dashboard", to be a scripted homepage from where the
> > > subtree of that page can be accessed).
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Anca

> (use
> > > the

> or

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Alexandru Cotiuga
Hello,

+ 1 for all
The difference between Article and Encyclopedia could be increased by
adding other specific elements on each one's layout.

Thanks,
Alex

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> In case we don't like a particular Template, then the best strategy is to
> have individual votes for them.
>
> @Anca, from your feedback is hard to know if you prefer Article over
> Encyclopedia.
>
> Since we need to release 8.2 final at the end of the week I would like to
> advance with this topic: either by committing all the proposed templates or
> just a subset, but I need more opinions.

> 2. Encyclopedia (Encyclopedia page): +1 Vincent, +1 Caty
> 3. Meeting Report (Agenda and notes): 1+ Vincent, +1 Caty, +1 Anca
> 4. Simple Page (With table of content): +1 Vincent, +1 Caty, +1 Anca
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:

> > > would

> templates

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal

> only
> > > one
> two.
> > > >

> > > The differences are in layout.
> > >

> > In my opinion this is not enough to have both of them. For me, the goal
> of
> > the templates by default is to help discover the template feature and its
> > benefits to users, and the way to do that would be to show interesting
> > usecases of the template feature. Having two templates for the same
> usecase
> > but with different layout is not aligned with this goal, but would be
> more
> > aligned with the goal of showing that we can do different fancy layouts.
> In
> > addition, this logic would allow to have multiple templates for the other
> > usecases as well, with different layout, which would not be a good idea
> > (e.g. another meeting report, with a different layout) because would
> bloat
> > the list...
> >
> > Anyone else?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anca

> > > difference
> > > >

> > > I will use "Meeting Report"

> purpose
> > > is
> "blank
> > > >

> > > The difference is viewed in the Description, see
> > >

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Caty

> livetable
> > > It's
> have
> > > the

> > (use

> > or

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

+1, generally.

I also feel a bit frustrated by the seeming redundancy of having both
Article and Encyclopedia on one side and Meeting Report and Simple page
onthe other, since from a helicopter view they are 95% identical. However,
I believe that the whole point of templates is to have a very specialized
usecase that is answered and that the user can immediately use. If every
time someone wants a simple page, but selects meeting notes and removes a
lot of formatting, then they will just end up creating a simple page
template.

These are just a couple of usages that we consider to be very common and
which we decide to offer some help by default (in the default flavor).
Others could be added (even from Caty`s extended list), since we`re missing
tables, macros and many other useful XWiki features that are otherwise hard
to discover.

Thanks,
Eduard

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Alexandru Cotiuga <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > usecases as well, with different layout, which would not be a good idea
> > > (e.g. another meeting report, with a different layout) because would
> > bloat
> > > the list...
> > >
> > > Anyone else?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Anca

> > purpose
> > "blank

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

> > livetable
> page.
> > have
> the

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/
> > > (use

> default
> > > or

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Ideally we should make the templates independent and have a dedicated
section in e.x.o.
Users could browse and install them separate.

We should also monitor what templates are interesting and which are not
(although this is a bit hard to do right now).

Of course I also consider we could have better templates or diverse, but
this is not the point now.
The point is to add some templates and better show this feature. Since we
are very generic it's hard to tell what templates each category of users
would need. That's why it would be better for them to select them, but they
should be aware that they have this possibility.

So currently the vote is favorable. I'm waiting until tomorrow so see if we
have any blockers.

Still not sure about how we should implement them best: in platform or in
e.x.o? As a package or separate?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> goal
> > > of
> > its
> interesting
> > > usecase
> > > more
> > layouts.
> > > In
> > other
> idea
> > > bloat

> > > purpose
> > > "blank

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

> > > livetable
> > page.
> > > have
> > the

> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/

> > default

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ideally we should make the templates independent and have a dedicated
> section in e.x.o.
> Users could browse and install them separate.
>
> We should also monitor what templates are interesting and which are not
> (although this is a bit hard to do right now).
>
> Of course I also consider we could have better templates or diverse, but
> this is not the point now.
> The point is to add some templates and better show this feature. Since we
> are very generic it's hard to tell what templates each category of users
> would need. That's why it would be better for them to select them, but they
> should be aware that they have this possibility.
>
> So currently the vote is favorable. I'm waiting until tomorrow so see if we
> have any blockers.
>
> Still not sure about how we should implement them best: in platform or in
> e.x.o? As a package or separate?

My preference goes towards a templates package, for start, in contrib, that
is included in the default flavor.

Thanks,
Eduard

> [...]

>> Users could browse and install them separate.
>>
>> We should also monitor what templates are interesting and which are not
>> (although this is a bit hard to do right now).
>>
>> Of course I also consider we could have better templates or diverse, but
>> this is not the point now.
>> The point is to add some templates and better show this feature. Since we
>> are very generic it's hard to tell what templates each category of users
>> would need. That's why it would be better for them to select them, but they
>> should be aware that they have this possibility.
>>
>> So currently the vote is favorable. I'm waiting until tomorrow so see if we
>> have any blockers.
>>
>> Still not sure about how we should implement them best: in platform or in
>> e.x.o? As a package or separate?
>>

> My preference goes towards a templates package, for start, in contrib, that

I think I agree. We need to close the last discussion thread about the scope for the xwiki github org and about platform. Right now the consensus seems to be:
* the default platform distribution’s goal is to provide a basic working wiki
* XE’s goal (and in the future another named flavor) is to provide a full-fledged second generation wiki.
* Non core features go in contrib and generic ones are included in the XE flavor

> Eduard
>

>> Thanks,
>> Caty
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> +1, generally.
>>>
>>> I also feel a bit frustrated by the seeming redundancy of having both
>>> Article and Encyclopedia on one side and Meeting Report and Simple page
>>> onthe other, since from a helicopter view they are 95% identical.
>> However,
>>> I believe that the whole point of templates is to have a very specialized
>>> usecase that is answered and that the user can immediately use. If every
>>> time someone wants a simple page, but selects meeting notes and removes a
>>> lot of formatting, then they will just end up creating a simple page
>>> template.
>>>
>>> These are just a couple of usages that we consider to be very common and
>>> which we decide to offer some help by default (in the default flavor).
>>> Others could be added (even from Caty`s extended list), since we`re
>> missing
>>> tables, macros and many other useful XWiki features that are otherwise
>> hard
>>> to discover.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eduard

>> is

>> like
>>> templates

>> see.
>>> XWiki,

>>> particular

>> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal

>> into
>> these

>>> goal
>> and
>>> interesting
>> be
>>> idea
>> would

>> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

>> (would
>> where

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Guillaume Delhumeau
+1 for integrating templates.

"Article" is like a blog post man while "Encyclopedia" integrates a table
on the right to describe an object or something. Their objective are
different. But if we decide to keep only one of them, I would be OK
(Encyclopedia being my favorite).

> > On 12 Jul 2016, at 13:48, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Ideally we should make the templates independent and have a dedicated
> >> section in e.x.o.
> >> Users could browse and install them separate.
> >>
> >> We should also monitor what templates are interesting and which are not
> >> (although this is a bit hard to do right now).
> >>
> >> Of course I also consider we could have better templates or diverse, but
> >> this is not the point now.
> >> The point is to add some templates and better show this feature. Since
> we
> >> are very generic it's hard to tell what templates each category of users
> >> would need. That's why it would be better for them to select them, but
> they
> >> should be aware that they have this possibility.
> >>
> >> So currently the vote is favorable. I'm waiting until tomorrow so see
> if we
> >> have any blockers.
> >>
> >> Still not sure about how we should implement them best: in platform or
> in
> >> e.x.o? As a package or separate?
> >>

> > My preference goes towards a templates package, for start, in contrib,
> that
> > is included in the default flavor.
>
> I think I agree. We need to close the last discussion thread about the
> scope for the xwiki github org and about platform. Right now the consensus
> seems to be:
> * the default platform distribution’s goal is to provide a basic working
> wiki
> * XE’s goal (and in the future another named flavor) is to provide a
> full-fledged second generation wiki.
> * Non core features go in contrib and generic ones are included in the XE
> flavor

> > Eduard
> >

> >> Thanks,
> >> Caty

> >> However,
> specialized
> every
> removes a

> and
> >> missing
> >> hard

> >> is

> >> like

> >> see.

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal

> >> into
> >> these

> >> and
> >> be
> >> would

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

> >> (would
> >> where

Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Thanks for your votes.

I've added them in http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1564

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Guillaume Delhumeau <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for integrating templates.
>
> "Article" is like a blog post man while "Encyclopedia" integrates a table
> on the right to describe an object or something. Their objective are
> different. But if we decide to keep only one of them, I would be OK
> (Encyclopedia being my favorite).

> > > On 12 Jul 2016, at 13:48, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> not

> but
> > we
> users
> > they

> > if we

> > in
> > >>

> > > My preference goes towards a templates package, for start, in contrib,
> > that
> > > is included in the default flavor.
> >
> > I think I agree. We need to close the last discussion thread about the
> > scope for the xwiki github org and about platform. Right now the
> consensus
> > seems to be:
> > * the default platform distribution’s goal is to provide a basic working
> > wiki
> > * XE’s goal (and in the future another named flavor) is to provide a
> > full-fledged second generation wiki.
> > * Non core features go in contrib and generic ones are included in the XE
> > flavor

> > > Thanks,
> > > Eduard

> page
> > specialized
> > every
> > removes a

> > and
> flavor).
> otherwise

> by

> over

> Anca

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/TemplatesDefault#HProposal

> same
> the

> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/TemplatesDefault/WebHome/descriptions.png

> Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
> Research & Development Engineer at XWiki SAS
> Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [UX][Vote] Content Templates by default

dmajstorovic
Hi guys,

instead of opening a new thread, I'll try to get help through this topic. First of all, I'd like to say that I'm new to XWiki, so this may be a rookie question :)

Can somebody please tell me how to edit an existing page template? Or, even better, how can I make my own page template with my styling?

I've been through some documentation and internet posts, but haven't managed to find something useful.

Thanks in advance!