[UX] XClass Picker

This is an improvement proposal for the XClass Picker found in the objects
editor:
https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/XClassPicker/O2.png

Read the whole proposal at:
https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XClassPicker

Let me know what you think.

Re: [UX] XClass Picker

Hi Caty,

Good work, I like it! :)

One detail, I think the way to launch the class modal is not visible enough. Also, wouldn’t it be better for general consistency if it were a button rather than a link (it would also be more visible)?

Note to devs: this means adding some new metadata xproperties in Classes:
* description
* category

Personally I like that and I think it’s needed. The description is the most needed but even category is starting to be needed too seen the number of XClass we have nowadays.

> On 14 Sep 2018, at 18:18, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> This is an improvement proposal for the XClass Picker found in the objects
> editor:
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/XClassPicker/O2.png
>
> Read the whole proposal at:
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XClassPicker
>
> Let me know what you think.
> Thanks,
> Caty

Re: [UX] XClass Picker

Oana-Lavinia Florean
Hi Cati,

I really like the proposal! Especially because I also had problems in using
the XClass Picker for finding and choosing what I needed.

Thanks,
Lavinia

--
<http://www.xwiki.com/> *Florean Oana-Lavinia*
*Software Development Engineer Intern*
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>
tel: +40 75 136 7570

Re: [UX] XClass Picker

Looks good.

You have some screen shots with Add Class title and Add button while others
have Select Class title and Select button. I assume you propose the later,
because "Add Class" doesn't make sense in this context.

We'll need a Deprecated category at some point.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> This is an improvement proposal for the XClass Picker found in the objects
> editor:
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/XClassPicker/O2.png
>
> Read the whole proposal at:
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XClassPicker
>
> Let me know what you think.
> Thanks,
> Caty

Re: [UX] XClass Picker

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:27 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>
> Good work, I like it! :)
>
> One detail, I think the way to launch the class modal is not visible
> enough. Also, wouldn’t it be better for general consistency if it were a
> button rather than a link (it would also be more visible)?

I've tried to reuse the existing styling for the Object editor and make the
way to add new objects consistent to the way we add objects of a particular
type ('New StyleSheetExtension object' link).
The styling of the object editor can be improved, especially since it's
still using the old Silk icons.

> Note to devs: this means adding some new metadata xproperties in Classes:
> * description
> * category
>
> Personally I like that and I think it’s needed. The description is the
> most needed but even category is starting to be needed too seen the number
> of XClass we have nowadays.

> > On 14 Sep 2018, at 18:18, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > This is an improvement proposal for the XClass Picker found in the
> objects
> > editor:
> > https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/XClassPicker/O2.png
> >
> > Read the whole proposal at:
> > https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XClassPicker
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> > Thanks,
> > Caty

Re: [UX] XClass Picker

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:32 AM Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks good.
>
> You have some screen shots with Add Class title and Add button while others
> have Select Class title and Select button. I assume you propose the later,
> because "Add Class" doesn't make sense in this context.

Yes, we should use 'Select'. Initially I had an 'Add' button and wanted to
reuse the 'Add' in the modal, but the 'Select' makes more sense and also is
consistent across entity types.

> We'll need a Deprecated category at some point.

Ok. We could consider 'All', 'Other' and even 'Deprecated' as categories
that span all entity types.