Unable To Enable WYSIWYG Editor Plugins

laurin1
Is there some trick to this? I've added color and font to the plugins list and to both the toolbar, but neither of these are displayed. Do I need to do something else?

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the sender.

www.pridedallas.com

Re: Unable To Enable WYSIWYG Editor Plugins

Marius Dumitru Florea
Each plugin provides some features. You need to add the plugin name to the
plugin list (as you did) and also add the feature names to the toolbar
list. To find the feature names check
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/WysiwygEditor#HPluginsandFeatures

Hope this helps,
Marius
On Nov 7, 2013 6:51 PM, "Keith Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there some trick to this? I've added color and font to the plugins list
> and to both the toolbar, but neither of these are displayed. Do I need to
> do something else?
>

> This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
> otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s)
> to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
> guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted,
> corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
> The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
> in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail
> transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
> version from the sender.
>
> www.pridedallas.com

Re: Unable To Enable WYSIWYG Editor Plugins

laurin1
I've done exactly that, but the color and font features are not added to the toolbar:

http://grab.by/rPZw

Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

Each plugin provides some features. You need to add the plugin name to the plugin list (as you did) and also add the feature names to the toolbar list. To find the feature names check http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/WysiwygEditor#HPluginsandFeatures

Hope this helps,
Marius
On Nov 7, 2013 6:51 PM, "Keith Davis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there some trick to this? I've added color and font to the plugins
> list and to both the toolbar, but neither of these are displayed. Do I
> need to do something else?
>

> This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
> otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the
> individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named
> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
> Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
> this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
> transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
> The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of
> e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
> hard-copy version from the sender.
>
> www.pridedallas.com

Re: Unable To Enable WYSIWYG Editor Plugins

Marius Dumitru Florea
Are you sure your changes have been saved? Do you have the added
plugins / features when you go back to the administration? Can you
paste here the plugins and toolbar lists you have? Can you check the
XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig page where the configuration is actually
saved?

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've done exactly that, but the color and font features are not added to the toolbar:
>
> http://grab.by/rPZw
>

> Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

Yes

Do you have the added plugins / features when you go back to the administration?

No

Can you paste here the plugins and toolbar lists you have?

http://grab.by/rRzu

Can you check the XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig page where the configuration is actually saved?

How do I do that?

Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are you sure your changes have been saved?
>
> Yes
>
> Do you have the added plugins / features when you go back to the administration?
>
> No

If you don't have them then it means the configuration wasn't saved,
which contradicts the 'Yes' from above..

> Can you paste here the plugins and toolbar lists you have?
>
> http://grab.by/rRzu

Please read again my first reply. There's no feature named 'color' or
'font'. These are the names of the plugins. Check the link I gave you
for the feature names.

> Can you check the XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig page where the configuration is actually saved?
>
> How do I do that?

The WYSIWYG Editor configuration is saved in XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig
page. So whatever change you make on the WYSIWYG Editor configuration
section from the administration, after you save that change should be
reflected on XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig. Just open this page and you'll
understand. Of course, you can edit directly this page, but it's not
as nice as using the administration section.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

I misunderstood (or mistyped) the answer to this question "Do you have the added plugins / features when you go back to the administration?" However, the screenshot I sent you clearly shows you that that they are I've added color and font to the plugins and toolbar list (the description for the toolbar states that each feature is provided by a plugin, if it is loaded.)

Yes, the plugins / features are still there when I go back into the administration.

"The WYSIWYG Editor configuration is saved in XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig page. So whatever change you make on the WYSIWYG Editor configuration section from the administration, after you save that change should be reflected on XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig. Just open this page and you'll understand. Of course, you can edit directly this page, but it's not as nice as using the administration section."

But WHERE is that page? I have no idea about the file structure for this application. I was able to access that (once, but not again), like this: http://wiki.pridedallas.com:8080/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/WysiwygEditorConfig

Anyhow, here were the results of that:
PluginsThe list of plugins that are loaded by the WYSIWYG editor. You can change the order in which they are loaded by drag and drop. You can also add new plugins to the list or remove existing ones.

submit readonly line separator embed text valign list indent history format symbol link image table macro import color font
Menu BarThe list of entries on the WYSIWYG editor menu bar. You can change their order by drag and drop. You can also add new entries on the menu bar or remove existing ones. Each menu bar entry is provided by a plugin and is displayed only if that plugin is loaded.

[{"feature":"link","subMenu":["linkEdit","linkRemove","linkWikiPage","linkAttachment","|","linkWebPage","linkEmail","|","alfrescoLink"]},{"feature":"image","subMenu":["imageInsertAttached","imageInsertURL","imageEdit","alfrescoImage","imageRemove"]},{"feature":"table","subMenu":["inserttable","insertcolbefore","insertcolafter","deletecol","|","insertrowbefore","insertrowafter","deleterow","|","deletetable"]},{"feature":"macro","subMenu":["macroInsert","macroEdit","|","macroRefresh","|","macroCollapse","macroExpand"]},{"feature":"import","subMenu":["importOffice"]}]
Tool BarThe list of features available on the WYSIWYG editor tool bar. You can change their order by drag and drop. You can also add new features on the tool bar or remove existing ones. Each tool bar feature is provided by a plugin and is displayed only if that plugin is loaded.

bold italic underline strikethrough | subscript superscript | unorderedlist orderedlist | outdent indent | undo redo | format | hr symbol | paste color font

As you can see, color and font are both listed, but again, they are not available on the toolbar.

Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

Did you read my first reply?  I said this:

Each plugin provides some features. You need to add the plugin name to
the plugin list (as you did) and also add the feature names to the
toolbar list. To find the feature names check
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/WysiwygEditor#HPluginsandFeatures

And if you open the link you can see a table that starts exactly with
this information:

Plugin Name ... Toolbar Features
color                    forecolor
                             backcolor
font                      fontname
                             fontsize

So why are you still adding 'font' and 'color' to the toolbar list?

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I misunderstood (or mistyped) the answer to this question "Do you have the added plugins / features when you go back to the administration?" However, the screenshot I sent you clearly shows you that that they are I've added color and font to the plugins and toolbar list (the description for the toolbar states that each feature is provided by a plugin, if it is loaded.)
>
> Yes, the plugins / features are still there when I go back into the administration.
>
> "The WYSIWYG Editor configuration is saved in XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig page. So whatever change you make on the WYSIWYG Editor configuration section from the administration, after you save that change should be reflected on XWiki.WysiwygEdirorConfig. Just open this page and you'll understand. Of course, you can edit directly this page, but it's not as nice as using the administration section."
>
> But WHERE is that page? I have no idea about the file structure for this application. I was able to access that (once, but not again), like this: http://wiki.pridedallas.com:8080/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/WysiwygEditorConfig
>
> Anyhow, here were the results of that:
> PluginsThe list of plugins that are loaded by the WYSIWYG editor. You can change the order in which they are loaded by drag and drop. You can also add new plugins to the list or remove existing ones.
>
> submit readonly line separator embed text valign list indent history format symbol link image table macro import color font
> Menu BarThe list of entries on the WYSIWYG editor menu bar. You can change their order by drag and drop. You can also add new entries on the menu bar or remove existing ones. Each menu bar entry is provided by a plugin and is displayed only if that plugin is loaded.
>
> [{"feature":"link","subMenu":["linkEdit","linkRemove","linkWikiPage","linkAttachment","|","linkWebPage","linkEmail","|","alfrescoLink"]},{"feature":"image","subMenu":["imageInsertAttached","imageInsertURL","imageEdit","alfrescoImage","imageRemove"]},{"feature":"table","subMenu":["inserttable","insertcolbefore","insertcolafter","deletecol","|","insertrowbefore","insertrowafter","deleterow","|","deletetable"]},{"feature":"macro","subMenu":["macroInsert","macroEdit","|","macroRefresh","|","macroCollapse","macroExpand"]},{"feature":"import","subMenu":["importOffice"]}]
> Tool BarThe list of features available on the WYSIWYG editor tool bar. You can change their order by drag and drop. You can also add new features on the tool bar or remove existing ones. Each tool bar feature is provided by a plugin and is displayed only if that plugin is loaded.
>
> bold italic underline strikethrough | subscript superscript | unorderedlist orderedlist | outdent indent | undo redo | format | hr symbol | paste color font
>
> As you can see, color and font are both listed, but again, they are not available on the toolbar.
>
> Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183

Because I did not understand that you meant plugins and features were not the same thing - I thought those terms were interchangeable.

It would be helpful if XWiki would throw an error or give some warning, like...

"These features are not available: color, font".

Or even better yet, if features and plugins are never the same name, it could catch that...

"These features are not available and match plugin names, are you sure you are entering the correct features? (color, font)"

Keith Davis - (214) 906-5183