Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Roman Muntyanu
Hello,

Recently we have ran into a problem where it's impossible to restore page from orphaned pages list by any means. Page is listed in the root of the space where it has been created if looking at document tree.

The are several weird thing about it:
1) If editing the page, proper parent value appears in the parent input box
2) the children of this page are able to properly render the link hierarchy at the top of the page
3) Proper parent is shown in the "Information" tab of the page

I have checked the logs, they are clear from errors (at least from those that might be related to this issue).

Any thoughts what might cause the page to get into such state? Any way to fix this without having to re-create the page?

Thanks,
  Roman

Re: Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
On 03/25/2010 05:48 PM, coldserenity wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recently we have ran into a problem where it's impossible to restore page
> from orphaned pages list by any means. Page is listed in the root of the
> space where it has been created if looking at document tree.
>
> The are several weird thing about it:
> 1) If editing the page, proper parent value appears in the parent input box
> 2) the children of this page are able to properly render the link hierarchy
> at the top of the page
>
> I have checked the logs, they are clear from errors (at least from those
> that might be related to this issue).
>
> Any thoughts what might cause the page to get into such state? Any way to
> fix this without having to re-create the page?

Do you (or did you, at some point) have enabled translations (Multi
lingual) in the wiki?

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

As far as I know we did no translations. It could have happened only by accident but
currently multi-lingual support is set to "No" and it was so when the page have been added.

Re: Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Roman Muntyanu
An addition to this post.
1) When I go to "edit page", then click "preview" and then click "back to edit", I can see the links hierarchy properly rendered at the top of the page (according to the parent that is currently set in the parent input). But when I save the page, no link hierarchy rendered (only space and the page itself).

2) Another weird thing is that we had some error when uploading 3 images (by using WYSIWYG editor insert image functionality). Corresponding log from xwiki.log
2010-03-25 11:33:33,592 [http://wikihost/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc] [http://wikihost/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc] WARN  server.DefaultWikiService       - Failed to get attachment: SQLStatistics010sm83k6zpjb24032010.gif not found.
So we re-uploaded them as attachments (preserving same names that were used in case of errors) with links added in xwiki mode. The weirdness is that from time those images simply disappear without any message in logs.

I will try one use-case related to 2), will re-upload the images again, create a copy page and delete it. Looks like previous time I did that there was an error about those 3 charmed images in logs
2010-03-25 17:47:36,807 [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content when deleting attachment EmChartBeanLoadTest2.1.3night24-25-03-2010.gif of doc TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
2010-03-25 17:47:36,813 [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content when deleting attachment SQLStatistics010sm83k6zpjb24032010.gif of doc TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
2010-03-25 17:47:36,814 [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1] WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content when deleting attachment SQLStatistics7mgg04hswgvtc24032010.gif of doc TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
There was also some warning in the logs when copying the page
Regards,
  Roman

Re: Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Roman,

coldserenity wrote:
> An addition to this post.
> 1) When I go to "edit page", then click "preview" and then click "back to
> edit", I can see the links hierarchy properly rendered at the top of the
> page (according to the parent that is currently set in the parent input).
> But when I save the page, no link hierarchy rendered (only space and the
> page itself).
>

> 2) Another weird thing is that we had some error when uploading 3 images (by
> using WYSIWYG editor insert image functionality). Corresponding log from
> xwiki.log
>
> 2010-03-25 11:33:33,592
> [http://wikihost/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc]
> [http://wikihost/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc]
> WARN  server.DefaultWikiService       - Failed to get attachment:
> SQLStatistics010sm83k6zpjb24032010.gif not found.

What was the full name of the page where you tried to insert the images
using the WYSIWYG? What were the file names of those images? Can you
reproduce it all the time? What XE version are you using? Can you search
for your images after the upload fails to see if they were added to a
different page?

I recently fixed http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5053 . Maybe
it's related. Does the upload fail even on a page whose name contains
only ASCII letters?

> So we re-uploaded them as attachments (preserving same names that were used
> in case of errors) with links added in xwiki mode. The weirdness is that
> from time those images simply disappear without any message in logs.
>
> I will try one use-case related to 2), will re-upload the images again,
> create a copy page and delete it. Looks like previous time I did that there
> was an error about those 3 charmed images in logs
>

>> 2010-03-25 17:47:36,807
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content
>> when deleting attachment EmChartBeanLoadTest2.1.3night24-25-03-2010.gif of
>> doc TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
>> 2010-03-25 17:47:36,813
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content
>> when deleting attachment SQLStatistics010sm83k6zpjb24032010.gif of doc
>> TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
>> 2010-03-25 17:47:36,814
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/delete/TestSpace/2132425032010LoadTests2?confirm=1]
>> WARN  .XWikiHibernateAttachmentStore  - Error loading attachment content
>> when deleting attachment SQLStatistics7mgg04hswgvtc24032010.gif of doc
>> TestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2
>>

> There was also some warning in the logs when copying the page
>

>> 2010-03-25 17:44:42,264
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/CopyDocument?sourcedoc=xwiki%3ATestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests&language=&targetdoc=xwiki%3ATestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2]
>> [http://wikihost/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/CopyDocument?sourcedoc=xwiki%3ATestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests&language=&targetdoc=xwiki%3ATestSpace.2132425032010LoadTests2]
>> WARN  internal.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
>> [com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.copyDocument] in velocity macro@11,25
>>

> Regards,
>   Roman

Re: Unable to restore page from orphaned list even though the parent is successfully set on update

Roman Muntyanu
Ok, I think I got down to the root of the issue with document parent not get updated.

To achieve this I first gave up trying to find the reason and decided to create another page with different name and re-mapped all the dependencies from broken page to newly created one.

Then I did back-up of my XWiki preparing to delete the broken page (btw that's when warnings about not being able to find the 3 images appeared in logs and that's when those 3 images disappeared again).
Then I re-uploaded the 3 images again (to re-establish possible links in DB), then deleted all of the image from the page and from "recycle bin".
And finally deleted the broken page from space and from "recycle bin".

But checking the orphaned pages it turned out that the page with the same name (but different content is still there). I've tried to change it's parent and it worked.
So I guess the reason for such a strange behaviour was that I somehow had 2 pages with the same name in the space. At least it's logical to think so.

Any-ways I've got the fix now.

2 Marius: Regarding image names, they did not contain '#' character BUT they did contain the '_' (underscore) character which is being removed during image upload as I have noticed.

One more thing that I have noticed with images is that currently back-links are tracked only by direct link to page. So if the reference is to the attachment in external document, then renaming this external document will lead to broken link. I did not find such ticket in Jira off-hand; if it's not still there it would be a nice enhancement.

Thank you all!

Regards,
  Roman