Unable to specify template name while creating a new template in templates administration

Unable to specify template name while creating a new template in templates administration

kgardas

Hello,

I've been using xwiki enterprise 3.0 for some testing, but now I've
switched to HEAD for actual development. The problem I see now with HEAD
and which was not presented in 3.0 is that in
Administration->Content->Templates if I click on "Create" then I see the
form with:

Provider Name
Template Name
Template to use
List of spaces where the template must be available

but I can just specify provider name and template to use (and also the
target space if this is desirable). Under template name there is no text
field available. This means that when I got to create a new page in the
desired space I get a radio button box with no description on some
button later for this template.

Is this known issue or shall I report it as an issue to jira?

Thanks,
Karel

Re: Unable to specify template name while creating a new template in templates administration

Anca Luca
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 15:25 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using xwiki enterprise 3.0 for some testing, but now I've
> switched to HEAD for actual development. The problem I see now with HEAD
> and which was not presented in 3.0 is that in
> Administration->Content->Templates if I click on "Create" then I see the
> form with:
>
> Provider Name
> Template Name
> Template to use
> List of spaces where the template must be available
>
> but I can just specify provider name and template to use (and also the
> target space if this is desirable). Under template name there is no text
> field available.

Hi Karel,

This is odd, I changed that recently indeed but I cannot see the problem
on my local install. What version are you actually testing on? Can you
give me a link to the snapshot you're testing?
It's definitely not normal, but I would first be convinced that it
reproduces always and then report a jira.

Thanks,
Anca

On 05/18/11 03:35 PM, Luca Anca wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 15:25 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been using xwiki enterprise 3.0 for some testing, but now I've
>> switched to HEAD for actual development. The problem I see now with HEAD
>> and which was not presented in 3.0 is that in
>> Administration->Content->Templates if I click on "Create" then I see the
>> form with:
>>
>> Provider Name
>> Template Name
>> Template to use
>> List of spaces where the template must be available
>>
>> but I can just specify provider name and template to use (and also the
>> target space if this is desirable). Under template name there is no text
>> field available.
>
> Hi Karel,
>
> This is odd, I changed that recently indeed but I cannot see the problem
> on my local install. What version are you actually testing on? Can you
> give me a link to the snapshot you're testing?
> It's definitely not normal, but I would first be convinced that it
> reproduces always and then report a jira.
>
> Thanks,
> Anca

Hi Anca,

thanks a lot for the fast reply. I've also got the idea to attempt to
duplicate this issue on kind of reference snapshot and not on the
snapshot which holds all my code changes and to be honest I've not been
able to. So this means, I broke it myself. Please apologize me for this
silly report. Next time I'll try to be more careful and always duplicate
the issue on reference snapshot.

Thanks,
Karel