Unable to upload larger files (30MB+)

Polydectus84
I have searched all over the forums but can't seem to find a solution that matches what I am experiencing.

I'm unsure what information you need, but here are the basics.

XWiki Enterprise 7.4.4 on Ubuntu Server 16.06.  MySQL, Tomcat8

If there is some sort of script that I need to run to show what other extensions are installed or specifics, please let me know.

I am trying to upload a PDF that is about 30MB.  I have tried adding it as an attachment to a page, but it just gives me an error, "An error occurred while uploading AE1920-228XUS.pdf"

I have also tried to install thru the File Manager Extension, but it doesn't actually upload.  Here is a screenshot immediately after it "looks like" it uploaded.

I have tried uploading smaller image files and those upload correctly.

Things I have already tried:

- Changed the Maximum Upload Size to 314572800
- php.ini - changed the max_upload_size value to 300MB

I wish there was a log that I could read to see what the error actually is.

Re: Unable to upload larger files (30MB+)

You should find more details on why it fail in the log.

You should take a look at
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments and
specifically http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments#HAttachmentStorage.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Polydectus84 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have searched all over the forums but can't seem to find a solution that
> matches what I am experiencing.
>
> I'm unsure what information you need, but here are the basics.
>
> XWiki Enterprise 7.4.4 on Ubuntu Server 16.06.  MySQL, Tomcat8
>
> If there is some sort of script that I need to run to show what other
> extensions are installed or specifics, please let me know.
>
> I am trying to upload a PDF that is about 30MB.  I have tried adding it as
> an attachment to a page, but it just gives me an error, "An error occurred
> while uploading AE1920-228XUS.pdf"
>
> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7601141/Upload_Attachment_Error.png>
>
> I have also tried to install thru the File Manager Extension, but it doesn't
> actually upload.  Here is a screenshot immediately after it "looks like" it
> uploaded.
>
> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7601141/File_Manager_Error.png>
>
> I have tried uploading smaller image files and those upload correctly.
>
> Things I have already tried:
>
> - Changed the Maximum Upload Size to 314572800
> - php.ini - changed the max_upload_size value to 300MB
>
> I wish there was a log that I could read to see what the error actually is.

Re: Unable to upload larger files (30MB+)

Polydectus84
Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work with the existing wiki installation.  I honestly didn't get very far, so I just installed the newest version and made changes to the xwiki.cfg and xwiki.properties (and I think Tomcat8) prior to installing.

It works perfectly, now.