[Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

[Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

What do you think about the idea of providing Mail configuration profiles
that the user can select from? It would contain predefined values for the
configuration. The most easy to test / accessible config is the Gmail one.

See http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/IdeaMailProfiles

Re: [Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

Hi Caty,

> On 7 Mar 2018, at 15:05, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about the idea of providing Mail configuration profiles
> that the user can select from? It would contain predefined values for the
> configuration. The most easy to test / accessible config is the Gmail one.
>
> See http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/IdeaMailProfiles

Sounds good to me.

It’s a bit more than just profiles, it’s also a test button to validate the mail setting (which is nice!) ;)

> Caty

Re: [Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

Paul Libbrecht-2
I find this cool but this is another maintenance point.
You might want to include 3-4 other providers and hide the values that are predefined by the choice. Actually, in order to go for a “tuned case”, you can easily select Gmail then select custom, the values should be then copied.

It would be nice that the sender address is explained (and profilled) as a qualified sender with a full name (copied from the wiki name?).

paul

On 7 Mar 2018, at 15:05, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about the idea of providing Mail configuration profiles
> that the user can select from? It would contain predefined values for the
> configuration. The most easy to test / accessible config is the Gmail one.
>
> See http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/IdeaMailProfiles
>
> Thanks,
> Caty

Re: [Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

It's not clear how the administrator would add/save a new profile.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]

> What do you think about the idea of providing Mail configuration profiles
> that the user can select from? It would contain predefined values for the
> configuration. The most easy to test / accessible config is the Gmail one.
>
> See http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/IdeaMailProfiles
>
> Thanks,
> Caty

Re: [Usability] Mail Server Configuration Profiles

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's not clear how the administrator would add/save a new profile.

In this proposal there is no ability to create additional profiles, just to
use common ones. You have just 2 that you can alter/save and reset to
default.