Use xwiki for local server

hamiazuhk26
HI, I want to use xwiki for client-server access.
The thing is when I install the xwiki in server, and try to access/open in client(my laptop) it can't be open. Does it require me to install the java?
Before forgot, my server is using windows xp.

Somebody help

Re: Use xwiki for local server

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 09:04, hamiazuhk26 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI, I want to use xwiki for client-server access.
> The thing is when I install the xwiki in server, and try to access/open in
> client(my laptop) it can't be open. Does it require me to install the java?
> Before forgot, my server is using windows xp.

No, XWiki is a web application so you just need a browser on the client side.

If you’re not that technical and don’t want to be bothered, note that you coud also use a cloud service such as http://www.xwiki.com/en/products/try-xwiki-cloud which is great for testing since it’s not expensive at all for < 10 users (see http://www.xwiki.com/en/products/pricing).

> Somebody help

Re: Use xwiki for local server

hamiazuhk26
Thanks  vmassol,

I know this is a web application where we only need the browser for client side. My question is for server side. Do we need to install JRE, Servlet Container, JDBC Driver to make the xwiki run and be able to access in client?

Re: Use xwiki for local server

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 11:13, hamiazuhk26 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks  vmassol,
>
> I know this is a web application where we only need the browser for client
> side. My question is for server side. Do we need to install JRE, Servlet
> Container, JDBC Driver to make the xwiki run and be able to access in
> client?

You need to read this:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation