Quantcast

User Dashboards

Nolan Vines
I'm trying to enable the option "DISPLAY MY DASHBOARD ON THE WIKI HOME WHEN I'M LOGGED IN (INSTEAD OF THE DEFAULT DASHBOARD)" but despite setting it to "yes" when I click the home button which loads domain.com:8084/bin/view/dashboard, it shows the default dashboard and not my own user dashboard.

emdinc.
Nolan Vines Systems Administrator

1411 Twin Oaks Street, Wichita Falls, TX, 76302
office: (940) 322-2206
direct: (940) 264-9140

Re: User Dashboards

What version of XWiki are you using?

The dashboard is no longer displayed on the home page by default in recent versions (since about mid of last year I’d say). However it’s available from Dashboard.WebHome.

Thus, in recent versions, when you enable this option, it simply displays your user dashboard instead of the default dashboard for the Dashboard.WebHome page (ie when you click “Dashboard” in the Applications panel).

> On 17 Apr 2017, at 18:26, Nolan Vines <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to enable the option "DISPLAY MY DASHBOARD ON THE WIKI HOME WHEN I'M LOGGED IN (INSTEAD OF THE DEFAULT DASHBOARD)" but despite setting it to "yes" when I click the home button which loads domain.com:8084/bin/view/dashboard, it shows the default dashboard and not my own user dashboard.
>
> emdinc.
> Nolan Vines Systems Administrator
>
> 1411 Twin Oaks Street, Wichita Falls, TX, 76302
> office: (940) 322-2206
> direct: (940) 264-9140

Re: User Dashboards

Nolan Vines
We're using 7.3 if I recall correctly. We've been holding off upgrading until we can convert to the flat file database or something. We had the application panel disabled though. After re-adding it, it appears to function that way.

Thanks for the quick response.

emdinc.
Nolan Vines Systems Administrator

1411 Twin Oaks Street, Wichita Falls, TX, 76302
office: (940) 322-2206
direct: (940) 264-9140
[hidden email]