User Registration Email

Sascha Österle
Hi,

when I enable the the user registration email an add a user nothing happens.
i tripplechecked the smtp server and admin adress settings.

is more configuration than just the serversettings in the xwiki
preferences => registration page necessary?

Thank you,
Sascha

Re: User Registration Email

Ludovic Dubost

Yes.. more is needed..
Registration email templates need to be created
The register call in the RegisterNewUser page needs to be different
and a confirmation page needs to be created

I'm lacking a little time to document this..

Ludovic

Sascha Österle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I enable the the user registration email an add a user nothing
> happens.
> i tripplechecked the smtp server and admin adress settings.
>
> is more configuration than just the serversettings in the xwiki
> preferences => registration page necessary?
>
> Thank you,
> Sascha

Re: User Registration Email

Sascha Österle
Okay,

as soon as I get it working I will add a description to the docs, the
AdminGuide would be the right place I guess. It's DOC Month, isn't it :-)

Any more hints for me? Can I somehow get the necessary changes from
xwiki.org/.com?
I have a lokal XWIKI installation but also a XWIKI.com one, if this
eases things...

Sascha

Ludovic Dubost schrieb:

> Yes.. more is needed..
> Registration email templates need to be created
> The register call in the RegisterNewUser page needs to be different
> and a confirmation page needs to be created
>
> I'm lacking a little time to document this..
>
> Ludovic
>
> Sascha ?sterle wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I enable the the user registration email an add a user nothing
>> happens.
>> i tripplechecked the smtp server and admin adress settings.
>>
>> is more configuration than just the serversettings in the xwiki
>> preferences => registration page necessary?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Sascha

Re: User Registration Email

Ludovic Dubost

The AdminGuide is the right place for this.. Here is the code from xwiki.com

Code of the register page:
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/RegisterNewUser?xpage=code
Code of the confirmation page:
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/RegisterNewUserConfirmation?xpage=code
Content of the emails (somewhere in the xml)
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=xml&

Ludovic