Using XWiki in other databases than MySQL

Using XWiki in other databases than MySQL

In order to possibly improve our database support in the future, I would
be interested to discuss with any users that have ported XWiki to other
databases than MySQL.
We are especially interested by databases used by corporations like
Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server.

Would any of you that have ported/tried to port XWiki to another
database tell us what has worked/not worked and what they have done.
That would be great help.

Since we now have the default database of XWiki as XML, we have the
possibility to write a script to load this in any database.
We just need to make sure that the core behavior of the storage engine
is compatible with the target database.

Re: [xwiki-users] Using XWiki in other databases than MySQL

Ludovic Dubost

Yes,

This is *very* useful. It's exactly what we need for databases we
haven't tested XWiki on.
So any field of more than 4096 should be converted to "text" in
hibernate.cfg.xml (which should be compatible with mysql and the
databases xwiki already works on).
Oracle9Dialect should be use (does it mean forgeting support for Oracle8 ?)
Text fields of more than 4096 cannot be handled using "like" so using
the Lucene plugin is mandatory for Oracle

Ludovic