[VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

[VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

We had already discussed the creation of a committers list earlier, see http://markmail.org/thread/bnimte63t3tojslz

I'd like to revive this topic in view of a new use case: poll results.

We're going to launch our feature survey and we need a way to collect the results and receive email results.

I'm thus proposing to use this committers list to collect the results (a mail is sent when someone fills in the poll).

Note that we cannot publish results openly since:
* there's an optional email address we can't put that in public
* people may not want to share their results with everyone publicly

Here's my +1 to the creation of this private committers list and for using it to send poll results.

Re: [VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

Fabio Mancinelli-4
+1

Thanks,
Fabio

On 01/25/2012 10:28 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We had already discussed the creation of a committers list earlier, see http://markmail.org/thread/bnimte63t3tojslz
>
> I'd like to revive this topic in view of a new use case: poll results.
>
> We're going to launch our feature survey and we need a way to collect the results and receive email results.
>
> I'm thus proposing to use this committers list to collect the results (a mail is sent when someone fills in the poll).
>
> Note that we cannot publish results openly since:
> * there's an optional email address we can't put that in public
> * people may not want to share their results with everyone publicly
>
> Here's my +1 to the creation of this private committers list and for using it to send poll results.

+1.
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

+1

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We had already discussed the creation of a committers list earlier, see http://markmail.org/thread/bnimte63t3tojslz
>
> I'd like to revive this topic in view of a new use case: poll results.
>
> We're going to launch our feature survey and we need a way to collect the results and receive email results.
>
> I'm thus proposing to use this committers list to collect the results (a mail is sent when someone fills in the poll).
>
> Note that we cannot publish results openly since:
> * there's an optional email address we can't put that in public
> * people may not want to share their results with everyone publicly
>
> Here's my +1 to the creation of this private committers list and for using it to send poll results.

Re: [VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

Roman Muntyanu
Could you at least publish the proposed idea and voting results after the poll is complete on dev mail list?
It would also be nice to list all pros and cons that are usually brought-up during such polls.

Ideally this problem could be solved if in "vote mode" XWiki committers were displayed as anonymous users.

On Jan 25, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Roman Muntyanu wrote:

> Could you at least publish the proposed idea and voting results after the poll is complete on dev mail list?
> It would also be nice to list all pros and cons that are usually brought-up during such polls.

Definitely, this is planned.

> Ideally this problem could be solved if in "vote mode" XWiki committers were displayed as anonymous users.

Eduard Moraru
+1

Thanks,
Eduard

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Roman Muntyanu wrote:
>
> > Could you at least publish the proposed idea and voting results after
> the poll is complete on dev mail list?
> > It would also be nice to list all pros and cons that are usually
> brought-up during such polls.
>
> Definitely, this is planned.

> > Ideally this problem could be solved if in "vote mode" XWiki committers
> were displayed as anonymous users.

Denis Gervalle-2
+1

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 17:09, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Thanks,
> Eduard
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 25, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Roman Muntyanu wrote:
> >
> > > Could you at least publish the proposed idea and voting results after
> > the poll is complete on dev mail list?
> > > It would also be nice to list all pros and cons that are usually
> > brought-up during such polls.
> >
> > Definitely, this is planned.

> > > Ideally this problem could be solved if in "vote mode" XWiki committers
> > were displayed as anonymous users.

Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO
eGuilde sarl - CTO

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We had already discussed the creation of a committers list earlier, see http://markmail.org/thread/bnimte63t3tojslz
>
> I'd like to revive this topic in view of a new use case: poll results.
>
> We're going to launch our feature survey and we need a way to collect the results and receive email results.
>
> I'm thus proposing to use this committers list to collect the results (a mail is sent when someone fills in the poll).
>
> Note that we cannot publish results openly since:
> * there's an optional email address we can't put that in public
> * people may not want to share their results with everyone publicly
>
> Here's my +1 to the creation of this private committers list and for using it to send poll results.

Re: [VOTE] Create Committers list for internal committers stuff + use it for collecting poll results

Mailing list has been created. I've sent some invitations. Let me know privately if you haven't received yours and you wish to be subscribed (send me your email address in the mail). Note that only committers can subscribe.