[VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

[VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.

Rationale:

* Cleanliness
* Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
anymore
* We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
* This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
* We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
much work
* We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
* XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
to be released as final too.

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

Jerome Velociter
+1

Jerome.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
>  the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.
>
>  Rationale:
>
>  * Cleanliness
>  * Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
>  branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
>  anymore
>  * We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
>  urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
>  * This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
>  it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
>  * We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
>  much work
>  * We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
>  * XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
>  to be released as final too.
>
>  Here's my +1
>
>  Thanks
>  -Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

Jean-Vincent Drean
+1

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
>  the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.
>
>  Rationale:
>
>  * Cleanliness
>  * Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
>  branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
>  anymore
>  * We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
>  urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
>  * This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
>  it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
>  * We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
>  much work
>  * We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
>  * XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
>  to be released as final too.
>
>  Here's my +1
>
>  Thanks
>  -Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

Ludovic Dubost-2

-1

I would prefer if we wait until the migration to Curriki is fully completed.

Ludovic

Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
> the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.
>
> Rationale:
>
> * Cleanliness
> * Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
> branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
> anymore
> * We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
> urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
> * This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
> it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
> * We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
> much work
> * We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
> * XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
> to be released as final too.
>
> Here's my +1

Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

On Feb 27, 2008, at 12:55 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> -1
>
> I would prefer if we wait until the migration to Curriki is fully
> completed.

When is that?

Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
> the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.
>
> Rationale:
>
> * Cleanliness
> * Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
> branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
> anymore
> * We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
> urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
> * This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
> it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
> * We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
> much work
> * We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
> * XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
> to be released as final too.
>
> Here's my +1

+1

What happens with the 13 issues marked as fixed in 1.1.3?
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

On Feb 27, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> Vincent Massol wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that we've started creating the branch for 1.3 I'd like to remove
>> the 1.1 branches for Core, Web, Panels and XE.
>>
>> Rationale:
>>
>> * Cleanliness
>> * Having opened branches can tempt committers to commit stuff to the
>> branch. Closing it clearly shows that we don't intend to work on it
>> anymore
>> * We still have the latest released 1.1.x versions, so if there's an
>> urgent need to release a 1.1.3 version we can still do it.
>> * This will allow us to remove the 1.1.3 version in JIRA thus keeping
>> it clean too and again preventing people from using it.
>> * We can't work/support too many branches at once, that's just too
>> much work
>> * We want people to upgrade to newer versions.
>> * XE 1.2 was released quite some time ago and is stable. 1.3 is about
>> to be released as final too.
>>
>> Here's my +1

> +1
>
> What happens with the 13 issues marked as fixed in 1.1.3?

We would just remove the fix for for "1.1.3" since it won't exist.
That's of course unless someone wants to release a 1.1.3 version but
this vote is about deciding that we don't want to release such a
version...

Re: [VOTE] Delete Core, Web, Panels and XE 1.1 branches

Ludovic Dubost-2

With the next curriki release 1.5.2 which is scheduled in 2 weeks
It's just if we find a huge showstopper for this release we might need
the 1.1 branch

Ludovic