[VOTE] Make the MS Office integration a top level project

[VOTE] Make the MS Office integration a top level project

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi devs,

I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
Here is what I propose:
 * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
applications in the future;
 * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
 * Rename the jira project to XOFFICE
 * Create http://xoffice.xwiki.org
 * in the future we should try to integrate msbuild with our hudson
server, to have XOffice under countinuous integration
 * release XOffice - version 1.0 M1

Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Make the MS Office integration a top level project

+1

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Florin Ciubotaru

> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
> Here is what I propose:
>  * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
> applications in the future;
>  * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
>  * Rename the jira project to XOFFICE
>  * Create http://xoffice.xwiki.org
>  * in the future we should try to integrate msbuild with our hudson
> server, to have XOffice under countinuous integration
>  * release XOffice - version 1.0 M1
>
> Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Make the MS Office integration a top level project

+1

-Vincent

On Jan 21, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
> Here is what I propose:
> * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
> applications in the future;
> * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
> * Rename the jira project to XOFFICE
> * Create http://xoffice.xwiki.org
> * in the future we should try to integrate msbuild with our hudson
> server, to have XOffice under countinuous integration
> * release XOffice - version 1.0 M1
>
> Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Make the MS Office integration a top level project

Jerome Velociter
Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
> Here is what I propose:
>  * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
> applications in the future;
>  * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice

Shouldn't we make XWord a sub-project of XOffice ?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
>> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
>> Here is what I propose:
>>  * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
>> applications in the future;
>>  * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
>
> Shouldn't we make XWord a sub-project of XOffice ?

+1, or something like XOffice Word as sub-project of XOffice

On Jan 21, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Jerome Velociter wrote:

> Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
>> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
>> Here is what I propose:
>> * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
>> applications in the future;
>> * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
>
> Shouldn't we make XWord a sub-project of XOffice ?

I agree. We should have:
https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice/xword

http://xwiki.com
http://xwiki.org
http://massol.net

Vincent Massol wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Jerome Velociter wrote:
>

>> Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> I would like to release a first version of XWord, but in order to do
>>> that we need to move it out of the sandbox.
>>> Here is what I propose:
>>> * Rename XWord to XOffice since we want to address other Office
>>> applications in the future;
>>> * Move the code in svn to https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice
>>>
>> Shouldn't we make XWord a sub-project of XOffice ?
>>

> I agree. We should have:
> https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xoffice/xword
>

>>> * Rename the jira project to XOFFICE
>>> * Create http://xoffice.xwiki.org
>>> * in the future we should try to integrate msbuild with our hudson
>>> server, to have XOffice under countinuous integration
>>> * release XOffice - version 1.0 M1
>>>
>>> Here is my +1
>>>
>> +1

Thanks for you votes.