[VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

[VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.

I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav feature as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops supporting it.

Rationale:
* We haven’t touched it in a long long time
* It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
* If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki

Here’s my +1

Please cast your vote

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
+0

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/
> t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.
>
> I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav feature
> as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into
> xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops
> supporting it.
>
> Rationale:
> * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
> * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
> * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler
> in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
>
> Here’s my +1
>
> Please cast your vote

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

Guillaume Delhumeau
+1

> +0
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/
> > t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.
> >
> > I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav
> feature
> > as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into
> > xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops
> > supporting it.
> >
> > Rationale:
> > * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
> > * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
> > * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler
> > in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
> >
> > Here’s my +1
> >
> > Please cast your vote

Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

Denis Gervalle-2
+1 Thanks
--
Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO
On jeu., juin 8, 2017 at 15:27, Guillaume Delhumeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

> +0
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/
> > t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.
> >
> > I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav
> feature
> > as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into
> > xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops
> > supporting it.
> >
> > Rationale:
> > * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
> > * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
> > * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler
> > in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
> >
> > Here’s my +1
> >
> > Please cast your vote

Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

+1.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1.
>
> On 06/08/2017 09:18 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.
>>
>> I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav feature as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops supporting it.
>>
>> Rationale:
>> * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
>> * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
>> * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
>>
>> Here’s my +1
>>
>> Please cast your vote

> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

Krzysiek Płachno
+1
Seems reasonable even for person not very experienced in XWiki :)

KP

> +1
>
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1.
> >
> > On 06/08/2017 09:18 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
> >> Hi devs,
> >>
> >> With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (
> http://markmail.org/message/t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV
> feature by default in XE.
> >>
> >> I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav
> feature as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization
> and into xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops
> supporting it.
> >>
> >> Rationale:
> >> * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
> >> * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
> >> * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s
> simpler in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
> >>
> >> Here’s my +1
> >>
> >> Please cast your vote
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent
> >>

> > --
> > Sergiu Dumitriu
> > http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib

+1

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> With https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1527 (http://markmail.org/message/
> t7khe7ufdtlsf5gl) we’ve removed the WebDAV feature by default in XE.
>
> I’d like to propose to go one step further and consider the webdav feature
> as non-core and move it outside of the xwiki github organization and into
> xwiki-contrib. I’d also propose that the XWiki Core Dev Team stops
> supporting it.
>
> Rationale:
> * We haven’t touched it in a long long time
> * It’s not a feature requested by our users anymore
> * If any contributor is interested in working on it one day, it’s simpler
> in xwiki-contrib and it can be released independently of XWiki
>
> Here’s my +1
>
> Please cast your vote

Re: [VOTE] Move the WebDAV feature to xwiki-contrib (SU

Done, see https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14341 or details.