[VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?

I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.

Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3 (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002).

I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some important bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new 1.2.1 version.

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?

Jerome Velociter
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.
>
> Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3
> (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002
> ).
>
> I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some
> important bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new
> 1.2.1 version.

Tested a bit this morning (imported XAR from 1.1, played with the rights
management UI, etc.)

+1

Jerome.

> Here's my +1
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent_______________________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?

Jean-Vincent Drean
Big -1

We have an exception when flushing xwiki cache (related to groovy).

To reproduce it you can :
  - call $xwiki.flushCache() in a wiki page
  - create a new class with the class editor, add a property, save the page

JIRA : http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2003

On Jan 11, 2008 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.
>
> Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3
> (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002).
>
> I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some important
> bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new 1.2.1 version.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?

Jean-Vincent Drean
+1 for the release,

This was a non-issue since I was testing a trunk version of XE.
Sorry for the noise.

JV.

On Jan 11, 2008 12:15 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Big -1
>
> We have an exception when flushing xwiki cache (related to groovy).
>
> To reproduce it you can :
>   - call $xwiki.flushCache() in a wiki page
>   - create a new class with the class editor, add a property, save the page
>
> JIRA : http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2003
>

> On Jan 11, 2008 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.
> >
> > Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3
> > (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002).
> >
> > I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some important
> > bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new 1.2.1 version.
> >
> > Here's my +1

Postpone final 1.2 release (was Re: [VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?)

I'd like to propose postponing the final 1.2 release to Tuesday morning. The main reason is that we've found some issues with the new Watchlist feature:
1) it doesn't send emails if the scheduler job is not updated once
2) the RSS feed doesn't generate the correct feed (it generates a what's new feed)
3) the scheduler/watchlist features don't support multiwiki

Jean-Vincent is currently working on fixing 1) and 3). We need someone to look into 2). I'll try to free some time for that but any help is most welcome.

On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.

Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3 (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002).

I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some important bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new 1.2.1 version.

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Platform/XE 1.2 final?

Ludovic Dubost-2

Vincent here is your response you were looking at concerning the groovy
jar upgrade..
It fails on flush cache.. It might just be a class or function rename,
or this call might not even be necessary anymore if groovy has improved
it's memory releasing

Ludovic

Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:

> Big -1
>
> We have an exception when flushing xwiki cache (related to groovy).
>
> To reproduce it you can :
>   - call $xwiki.flushCache() in a wiki page
>   - create a new class with the class editor, add a property, save the page
>
> JIRA : http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2003
>
> On Jan 11, 2008 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to release Platform+XE 1.2 final today.
>>
>> Note that I've fixed a missing jar for the PDF export in 1.2RC3
>> (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2002).
>>
>> I hope enough people have tested 1.2RC3 but if we still have some important
>> bugs after 1.2 final is released we can always release a new 1.2.1 version.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:46 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> Vincent here is your response you were looking at concerning the
> groovy
> jar upgrade..
> It fails on flush cache.. It might just be a class or function rename,
> or this call might not even be necessary anymore if groovy has
> improved
> it's memory releasing

Yes I know and we've reverted the upgrade on both the 1.2 branch
(1.2RC3 was released with the old groovy) and on trunk for now.

-Vincent