[VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
Hi,

For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
them asap:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon

Here's my +1 for 5a.

[1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229

Thanks,
JV.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Silvia Rusu
Hi,

+1 for 5a as well

Silvia

On 6/21/2010 4:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
> them asap:
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>
> Here's my +1 for 5a.
>
> [1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
>
> Thanks,
> JV.
Silvia Rusu
Tester & Documentation Writer - XWiki
http://twitter.com/silviarusu

On 06/21/2010 04:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
> them asap:
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>

> Here's my +1 for 5a.

If 'T' comes from Template, like first versions suggest, then why do
created documents have 'T' on them in 5a?

> [1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
>
> Thanks,
> JV.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Roman Muntyanu
Food for the mind.

One abstraction of a Template is a shape for cookies.
So e.g. image could contain several cookies and a shape used to cut them out.

Or another example with signet (http://www.sealengravedsignetrings.com/graphics/products-images/signet-ring-06.jpg) So several seals and a signet.

Unfortunately both shape for cookies and signet produce the same objects. While with template you receive objects having only something in common while the rest is custom.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 16:09, Marius Dumitru Florea
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/21/2010 04:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
>> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
>> them asap:
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>>

>> Here's my +1 for 5a.
>
> If 'T' comes from Template, like first versions suggest, then why do
> created documents have 'T' on them in 5a?

Same as Marius, i don't understand the 5a especially since it looks
like the opposite of 5c

> Thanks,
> Marius
>

>> [1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JV.

Unfortunately both shape for cookies and signet produce the same objects. While with template you receive objects having only something in common while the rest is custom.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Raluca Stavro
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/21/2010 04:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
>> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
>> them asap:
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>>

>> Here's my +1 for 5a.
>
> If 'T' comes from Template, like first versions suggest, then why do
> created documents have 'T' on them in 5a?

+1 for 5A with this improvement: remove T from created documents and
place it on the template document.

Raluca.

> Thanks,
> Marius
>

>> [1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JV.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Fabio Mancinelli-4
On 06/21/2010 04:09 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:

> On 06/21/2010 04:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
>> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
>> them asap:
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>>

>> Here's my +1 for 5a.
>
> If 'T' comes from Template, like first versions suggest, then why do
> created documents have 'T' on them in 5a?

I noticed the same thing...

Another idea for the icon could be just to show a page with a {} inside
(instead of the T that sounds more like Text than Template)... But I
don't know if {} conveys the "placeholder" idea to everybody.

Anyway I like 5a as well (modulo the modifications suggested by the others)

-Fabio

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
for 5a I'm not very sure about the arrow.

I like 5b

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 18:17, Fabio Mancinelli
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 06/21/2010 04:09 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
> > On 06/21/2010 04:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default
> icon.
> >> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
> >> them asap:
> >> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
> >>

> >> Here's my +1 for 5a.
> >
> > If 'T' comes from Template, like first versions suggest, then why do
> > created documents have 'T' on them in 5a?
> >
> I noticed the same thing...
>
> Another idea for the icon could be just to show a page with a {} inside
> (instead of the T that sounds more like Text than Template)... But I
> don't know if {} conveys the "placeholder" idea to everybody.
>
> Anyway I like 5a as well (modulo the modifications suggested by the others)
>
> -Fabio

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

I like:

* 1a, 1b (provided you remove the user icon in them and put a T on the template)
* 2a (with a T)
* 3a, 3b
* 4a, 4b

Actually the 5x series is the one I like the less because I find it has too may visual elements (visual clutter) and are too complex.

Nevertheless, I'll go with the solution that has the more votes.

We need to hurry and commit it this morning.

On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default icon.
> Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
> them asap:
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
>
> Here's my +1 for 5a.
>
> [1] http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
>
> Thanks,
> JV.

Re: [VOTE] Templates Administration Icon

Denis Gervalle-2
+1 for 5c

Denis

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:35, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like:
>
> * 1a, 1b (provided you remove the user icon in them and put a T on the
> template)
> * 2a (with a T)
> * 3a, 3b
> * 4a, 4b
>
> Actually the 5x series is the one I like the less because I find it has too
> may visual elements (visual clutter) and are too complex.
>
> Nevertheless, I'll go with the solution that has the more votes.
>
> We need to hurry and commit it this morning.

> On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Jean-Vincent Drean wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For the moment the templates administration section [1] uses the default
> icon.
> > Ciprian made a bunch of proposals for it and I'd like to commit one of
> > them asap:
> > http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Ciprian/Template%20icon
> >
> > Here's my +1 for 5a.
> >
> > [1]
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication#HEasyTemplatesCreationandAdministration28StartingwithXWikiEnterprise2.4M229
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JV.

Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO
eGuilde sarl - CTO

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I like:
>
> * 1a, 1b (provided you remove the user icon in them and put a T on the template)
> * 2a (with a T)
> * 3a, 3b
> * 4a, 4b
>
> Actually the 5x series is the one I like the less because I find it has too may visual elements (visual clutter) and are too complex.

The current admin icons are quite complex, that's why I think the 5x
series will fit better actually.

> Nevertheless, I'll go with the solution that has the more votes.
> We need to hurry and commit it this morning.

Since we need to hurry and 5a. had the more votes (even if not many)
I'll commit it now, it won't be commited in stone anyway.

Thanks,
JV.