[VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

[VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

I've been using Maven 2.1 snapshot built from maven trunk for more
than a week now and didn't get any issue.

I'd like to propose that we remove our old maven zip and replace it
with a recent trunk version.

This will allow:
* fixing lots of maven bugs we have since we're using an old maven
version
* putting us on the maven 2.1 release track. This will allow us to
detect any issue and report it to the maven team so that the final 2.1
release will work for us

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Maven 2.1 snapshot built from maven trunk for more
> than a week now and didn't get any issue.
>
> I'd like to propose that we remove our old maven zip and replace it
> with a recent trunk version.
>
> This will allow:
> * fixing lots of maven bugs we have since we're using an old maven
> version
> * putting us on the maven 2.1 release track. This will allow us to
> detect any issue and report it to the maven team so that the final 2.1
> release will work for us
>
> Here's my +1

+1

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

Jerome Velociter
+1

Jerome.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I've been using Maven 2.1 snapshot built from maven trunk for more
>  than a week now and didn't get any issue.
>
>  I'd like to propose that we remove our old maven zip and replace it
>  with a recent trunk version.
>
>  This will allow:
>  * fixing lots of maven bugs we have since we're using an old maven
>  version
>  * putting us on the maven 2.1 release track. This will allow us to
>  detect any issue and report it to the maven team so that the final 2.1
>  release will work for us
>
>  Here's my +1
>
>  Thanks
>  -Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

Jean-Vincent Drean
+1

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I've been using Maven 2.1 snapshot built from maven trunk for more
>  than a week now and didn't get any issue.
>
>  I'd like to propose that we remove our old maven zip and replace it
>  with a recent trunk version.
>
>  This will allow:
>  * fixing lots of maven bugs we have since we're using an old maven
>  version
>  * putting us on the maven 2.1 release track. This will allow us to
>  detect any issue and report it to the maven team so that the final 2.1
>  release will work for us
>
>  Here's my +1
>
>  Thanks
>  -Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade our official Maven distribution for building XWiki

Now available on http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building

-Vincent