[VOTE] XE 1.8.3

I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.

XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.

As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

Jerome Velociter
+1

Jerome.

Vincent Massol wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
+1,

JV.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

Vincent Massol wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

+1

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

+1

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:48, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

Vivian Richard
+1

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Jean-Vincent Drean
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1,
>
> JV.
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>>
>> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
>> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>>
>> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
>> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
>> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
>> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3

+1

Vincent Massol wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan 1.8.3
> for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
day).

However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
feedback for us.

Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
(to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.

1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
(of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
important it has excellent quality.

On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>
> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>
> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>
> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

Marius Dumitru Florea
+1

Vincent Massol wrote:

> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day).
>
> However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
> know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
> projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
> feedback for us.
>
> Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
> that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
> (to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.
>
> 1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
> (of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
> important it has excellent quality.

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>>
>> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
>> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>>
>> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
>> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
>> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
>> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

Guillaume Lerouge
+1

Guillaume

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Vincent Massol wrote:
> > We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> > day).
> >
> > However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
> > know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
> > projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
> > feedback for us.
> >
> > Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
> > that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
> > (to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.
> >
> > 1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
> > (of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
> > important it has excellent quality.
> >
> > WDYT?

> > On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> >> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
> >>
> >> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
> >> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
> >>
> >> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
> >> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
> >> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
> >> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
> >>
> >> Here's my +1
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

lucaa
+1

Vincent Massol wrote:

> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day).
>
> However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
> know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
> projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
> feedback for us.
>
> Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
> that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
> (to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.
>
> 1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
> (of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
> important it has excellent quality.

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>>
>> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
>> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>>
>> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
>> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
>> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
>> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

Jerome Velociter
Vincent Massol wrote:

> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day).
>
> However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
> know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
> projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
> feedback for us.
>
> Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
> that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
> (to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.
>
> 1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
> (of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
> important it has excellent quality.

+1

Jerome

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>>
>> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
>> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>>
>> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
>> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
>> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
>> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

+1

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 09:59, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day).
>
> However I'd like to propose we give it a few more days for testing. I
> know Ludovic has the ability to test the new rendering/wysiwyg on some
> projects (curriki amongst them) and that would provide invaluable
> feedback for us.
>
> Thus I'm proposing to release a timestamped snapshot later today so
> that everyone interested in helping out can test and allow a few days
> (to be defined, 2- 3 days?) to verify it works as expected.
>
> 1.8.3 is supposed to be the last planned release of the 1.8.x branch
> (of course if major issues are found a 1.8.4 will be created) so it's
> important it has excellent quality.

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> I'm proposing to have another point release for XE 1.8.x called 1.8.3.
>>
>> XE 1.8.2 is planned for the 20th of April and I propose to plan
>> 1.8.3 for two weeks after, i.e. 4th of May.
>>
>> As usual the goal is to include important bug fixes. The reason I
>> think we need a 1.8.3 is because we're starting to get feedback from
>> our new wysiwyg/new rendering and we need to bring bug fixes as fast
>> as possible to our users without forcing them to wait for 1.9 final.
>>
>> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

Niels Mayer
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day)

Will the "Abstract*Plugin, doesn't get called by plugin manager for
inherited methods in multiwiki" issue raised
here<http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/IRC/xwikiArchive20090424>be
fixed in 1.8.3 ? and part of the testing?

> vmassol - (24/04/2009 19:53): you don’t see the classes in the object editor?
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:53): correct
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:54): but there are documents with objects containing those classes, when you expand the panel in the object editor, it shows nothing
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:54):  it’s missing XWiki.JavaScriptExtension XWiki.StyleSheetExtension

> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:00): vmassol: If it’s inside Abstract*Plugin, it won’t be called
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:00): The plugin manager calls a method only for the classes that *directly* implements it
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:01): So inherited methods don’t work
> vmassol - (24/04/2009 20:01): oh that looks like a bug
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:01): No, it’s a feature :)
>
> Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: The following are "unresolved" despite "fix for 1.8.3"?
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-374
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-376  .  Does that mean 1.9?

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

On May 5, 2009, at 7:34 PM, Niels Mayer wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
> day)
>
> Will the "Abstract*Plugin, doesn't get called by plugin manager for
> inherited methods in multiwiki" issue raised here be fixed in
> 1.8.3 ? and part of the testing?

I don't think so. Maybe sergiu is on it but it's low priority compared
to other stuff.

> vmassol - (24/04/2009 19:53): you don’t see the classes in the
> object editor?
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:53): correct
>
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:54): but there are documents with objects
> containing those classes, when you expand the panel in the object
> editor, it shows nothing
> npm - (24/04/2009 19:54):  it’s missing XWiki.JavaScriptExtension
> XWiki.StyleSheetExtension
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:00): vmassol: If it’s inside
> Abstract*Plugin, it won’t be called
>
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:00): The plugin manager calls a method
> only for the classes that directly implements it
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:01): So inherited methods don’t work
> vmassol - (24/04/2009 20:01): oh that looks like a bug
>
> sdumitriu - (24/04/2009 20:01): No, it’s a feature :)
> Niels
> http://nielsmayer.com
>
> PS: The following are "unresolved" despite "fix for 1.8.3"? http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-374
>  http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-376  .  Does that mean 1.9?

1.9 if someone can provide a patch, otherwise later probably. I don't
know anyone working on these right now.

The focus for 1.9 for most of the xwiki committers is the wysiwyg
editor + new rendering.

I'm planning to shuffle remaining 1.8.3 issues to 1.9 and some 1.9
issues to 2.0 tomorrow.

Re: [VOTE] XE 1.8.3 (status)

Niels Mayer wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> We're almost ready to release 1.8.3 (we'll be ready at the end of the
>> day)
>

> Will the "Abstract*Plugin, doesn't get called by plugin manager for
> inherited methods in multiwiki" issue raised
> here<http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/IRC/xwikiArchive20090424>be
> fixed in 1.8.3 ? and part of the testing?

It was fixed in the plugin, which is independent of XWiki versions. So
if the new version will be used in 1.8.3, then it will be fixed.