Velocity ToolBox generic tools

jjanssen
Hello,

I want to use the generic Velocity tools from apache (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/generic/) in my xwiki. But I can't seem to get them configured. I've changed the toolbox.xml as described on the velocity pages, but still when I use the MathTool, like '$math.random' in my XWiki page, it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joep Janssen

Re: Velocity ToolBox generic tools

I'm not sure about this. It might be needed to insert the velocity
objects in the context in XWikiVelocityRenderer

Ludovic

[hidden email] a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I want to use the generic Velocity tools from apache (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/generic/) in my xwiki. But I can't seem to get them configured. I've changed the toolbox.xml as described on the velocity pages, but still when I use the MathTool, like '$math.random' in my XWiki page, it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joep Janssen

Re: Re: Velocity ToolBox generic tools

jjanssen
Hello,

I don't quit understand your respons. Looking at the configuration of XWiki and the setup of Velocity, a default change of toolbox.xml (as described on the velocity page) should work. However, it doesn't. So, did you do something special with it? No hurries needed, your answer to my other question provided me with a workable workaround.

Joep

Re: Velocity ToolBox generic tools

I would need to have a look again.. I'm not sure myself !

Ludovic