Very basic help needed, please!

Alexandria  Scanlan
Greetings All,

I recently downloaded the XWiki enterprise package that was as fool proof as they came.
I read through all the instructions then carefully (or so I thought) installed it. I went to go
Open "start wiki" and a black box appeared, immediately the box closed, I tried again a few
Times but the same thing continued to happen. I tried to go to "my wiki" in IE and it wouldn't
Load. I have no idea where I went wrong. I tried to uninstall so that I could reinstall it and try
Again, the "uninstall" option from my start menu (I'm using windows 7) wouldn't work. Any
Help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Alex.

Re: Very basic help needed, please!

Raluca Stavro
Hi, Alexandrina

I just installed XWiki Enterprise on Windows 7 and everything went
fine. I could start the server and enjoy my XWiki instance
(http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/).

I think that your problem comes from your UAC settings. Turn it off
and try starting the XWiki server again.

Raluca.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Alexandria  Scanlan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I recently downloaded the XWiki enterprise package that was as fool proof as they came.
> I read through all the instructions then carefully (or so I thought) installed it. I went to go
> Open "start wiki" and a black box appeared, immediately the box closed, I tried again a few
> Times but the same thing continued to happen. I tried to go to "my wiki" in IE and it wouldn't
> Load. I have no idea where I went wrong. I tried to uninstall so that I could reinstall it and try
> Again, the "uninstall" option from my start menu (I'm using windows 7) wouldn't work. Any
> Help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to read this,
>
> Alex.

Re: Very basic help needed, please!

Florin Ciubotaru

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I recently downloaded the XWiki enterprise package that was as fool proof
> as they came.
> I read through all the instructions then carefully (or so I thought)
> installed it. I went to go
> Open "start wiki" and a black box appeared, immediately the box closed, I
> tried again a few
> Times but the same thing continued to happen.

You either have to launch the installer and the start script as an
administrator or install XWiki into another folder then the default
one.(XWiki cannot write in "Program Files" without admin rights). Disabling
UAC is another option, but not recommended.
Also, please make sure you have java installed and the JAVA_HOME variable is
set properly.

Florin Ciubotaru