Video Macro

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Is the Video Macro working fine with the current version (HEAD) of XWiki?

I'm trying here, I upload it and made the configuration as indicated but
instead of the video it just shows me the script code.
I tried on the playground area and it didn't work either (but there I don't
know if it is configured).

Thank you,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Video Macro

Hi Tiago,

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Is the Video Macro working fine with the current version (HEAD) of
> XWiki?
>
> I'm trying here, I upload it and made the configuration as indicated
> but
> instead of the video it just shows me the script code.
> I tried on the playground area and it didn't work either (but there
> I don't
> know if it is configured).

Have you followed all the steps indicated on
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/VideoMacroDownloads ?

Even this one: "Under the Advanced tab, add "Macros.Video," in the
"Velocity Macro Pages" field." ?

Re: Video Macro

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello!

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you followed all the steps indicated on
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/VideoMacroDownloads ?
>
> Even this one: "Under the Advanced tab, add "Macros.Video," in the
> "Velocity Macro Pages" field." ?

Yes, I had. Interesting that it did not stick there after a clean-build...
isn't this saved in the database?
Anyway, I went there again, repeated the configuration, restarted Tomcat,
checked whether the configuration was still there (it was) and still it
shows me the wiki code instead of the video...

Thank you,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Video Macro

On Apr 28, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Have you followed all the steps indicated on
>> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/VideoMacroDownloads ?
>>
>> Even this one: "Under the Advanced tab, add "Macros.Video," in the
>> "Velocity Macro Pages" field." ?
>

> Yes, I had. Interesting that it did not stick there after a clean-
> build...
> isn't this saved in the database?

Not sure what you mean by a clean build but yes this is stored in the
database so if you don't overwrite the XWiki.XWikiPreferences page
it'll be there.

> Anyway, I went there again, repeated the configuration, restarted
> Tomcat,
> checked whether the configuration was still there (it was) and still
> it
> shows me the wiki code instead of the video...

ok I've checked further and the instructions are wrong... I don't
think the Velocity Macro field in the advanced section is used for
that. I've checked the source code and it seems to be used only for
macro mapping.

Thus right now I think you have to include the macro before using it
with:
#includeMacros("Macros.Video")

Alternatively you can modify your macros.vm file on disk and add the
new macro there rather than putting it in Macros.Video.

We need to fix this, it's really not clean.

Re: Video Macro

Tiago Rinck Caveden
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thus right now I think you have to include the macro before using it
> with:
> #includeMacros("Macros.Video")

Thanks, this worked quite fine!

--