Voice Search

aleksey-s
Hi,

We want to use search's voice in xwiki.
Is it possible to integrate voice search in xwiki ? (for example, Google Speech or MS Speech or etc).

Re: Voice Search

> On 14 Mar 2016, at 16:09, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We want to use search's voice in xwiki.
> Is it possible to integrate voice search in xwiki ? (for example, Google
> Speech or MS Speech or etc).

1) XWiki doesn’t have this feature ATM
2) It’s possible to integrate anything, including overriding the search page of XWiki.

Re: Voice Search

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Check out the "Speech Wiki"[1] extension that was developed by Ludovic a
couple of years ago that also featured a voice search command (among
others).
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/SpeechWiki

It uses Google's Web Speech API and was only working on Google Chrome at
the time.

I remember seeing it in action and playing with it a bit and remember it
was quire fun and relatively accurate. I hope it still works with the
latest versions of XWiki.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Eduard

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 14 Mar 2016, at 16:09, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We want to use search's voice in xwiki.
> > Is it possible to integrate voice search in xwiki ? (for example, Google
> > Speech or MS Speech or etc).
>
> 1) XWiki doesn’t have this feature ATM
> 2) It’s possible to integrate anything, including overriding the search
> page of XWiki.

Re: Voice Search

> On 14 Mar 2016, at 17:04, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Check out the "Speech Wiki"[1] extension that was developed by Ludovic a
> couple of years ago that also featured a voice search command (among
> others).
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/SpeechWiki

Ah good point Edy, I had forgotten about this one. I didn’t even try searching before I replied, my bad...

> It uses Google's Web Speech API and was only working on Google Chrome at
> the time.
>
> I remember seeing it in action and playing with it a bit and remember it
> was quire fun and relatively accurate. I hope it still works with the
> latest versions of XWiki.
>
> Let us know how it goes!
>
> Thanks,
> Eduard
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> On 14 Mar 2016, at 16:09, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We want to use search's voice in xwiki.
>>> Is it possible to integrate voice search in xwiki ? (for example, Google
>>> Speech or MS Speech or etc).
>>
>> 1) XWiki doesn’t have this feature ATM
>> 2) It’s possible to integrate anything, including overriding the search
>> page of XWiki.

Re: Voice Search

aleksey-s

Thanks all. I test http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/SpeechWiki, but actions on speech not work and supported only English and it work not stable (hang after defining few words).

Somebody tried to use google speech with xwiki ?